Chapter 2

You woke up dazed, with your head aching, drearily wondering, Where am I?

Wherever it was, it was loud, noisy, dirty, and smelled like old socks.

The last thing you remember was being out in the city, in disguise, just going for a secret stroll late at night, accompanied by two undercover guards for just in case, (you weren't too risky.) You'd snuck out of the castle and bribed the other guards who saw you leave... but what then?

Well, surprise surprise; this definitely wasn't home.

The sunrise was blinding bright, a shining blood-red that made you take a second for you to get your bearings. You struggled to blink your eyes open.

There was a lot of stomping and loud, very gruff talking, and by the cool salty breeze, you could tell you were outside. What's going on? you thought anxiously, still trying to see.

Your heart pounded in terror as you realized how exposed you were; someone had stolen your dress and left you in your little white shift. 

The underdress, once a pristine high-class white was now hopelessly scuffed and dirtied, as well as your once-spotless stockings. You groaned as your back ached from sleeping at an odd angle in your corset.

Though you were missing some clothing, you didn't feel as though you'd been inappropriately touched...but that did little to ease your terror, considering you still had no idea what could happen next.

You were tied with your wrists above your head to a pole in the ground you were leaning against, utterly stunned with the drastic change of scenery and situation.... The people around you were pretty much all buff and gruff men.

No, not just any buff-and-gruff men. Pirates.

You'd been kidnapped by pirates.

Several men surrounded you, their faces covered in battlescars, swords in their belts, red, maroon, blue, or purple trench-coats over their shoulders, these three men all looking much more prestigious than most others there.

A man behind you spoke up in a low, gruff voice. "Good, awake she be. Cap'ns, this saucy wench I found out on a night's stroll. Going I had been for several others that around her they been too, but as me men and me ran out to git them all, too close to the castle we bin, and several guards came a'runnin', so we be grabbin' this wench, 'cause the most buxom wench of the booty she be, and left. She be the only one we got."

"So...an aristocrat she be?" one of them inquired, all three of them staring me down studiously. They all looked rather scary, even for pirates... There's no sugarcoating it; you were pretty damn screwed.

"Arrr," he said, so...evidently, that meant 'yes.'

"And her name be?"

"Uh...we be...unsure of that."

To hear that, you sighed a little in relief. You were better off with them not knowing who you were.

"So actually know who she be, you don't? And prove she's an aristocrat you can't?" another asked. "And there be no proof we could sell a successful ransom?"

"Well..." your gruff captor was stumped.

The pirates exchanged glances, turned around and started to leave.

"Wait, me salty sea-dogs, you might not be able to hold her for ransom, but she be...be a plunder of a cabin slave!"

The three captains turned around. "Belay that gruff, women be bad luck on ships! You be irked to think we run the kind of ship that be buyin' one of those," one said, shaking his head, disgraced, and left.