Chapter 4

He slammed the door shut behind you.

You backed up, getting as far away from him as you could, against the wall of his cabin, terrified of what might to happen next. It was a very small room with a messy cot on one side, a wardrobe on the other, and boxes of gold and food next to it. In the back of the room was the only other entrance to the mapping room other than one on the deck, which was locked.

He looked at you and narrowed his eyes. Then he turned and walked over to his wardrobe, looking through the drawers for something. "Take it off," he said.

Your eyes widened. "Take...what off?"

"Your clothing, what do you think? Now take it off."

You nearly fainted on the spot. "Please don't touch me, please don't–"

"Your majesty, you are wearing a shift. Shifts are made for wearing under fancy dresses, not for scrubbing decks." 

He pulled something out of the drawer and threw it at you, which you caught with clumsy hands. Wait, what?

"Put these on," he ordered. "Now, I'll be outside waiting for you."

It took a second for you to process what just happened, and the fact he had paused for a response. "Oh! Yes sir, Captain, sorry sir." Crisis averted; you were not going to be violated.

"Yeah. And be quick, or I'll come back in and drag you out of here whether you're dressed or not," he added.

"Y-Yes sir, Captain," you stammered.

And with that, he gave you a nod and walked right back out the door, slamming it behind him.

You immediately did your best to dress quickly. You slipped out of your shift and threw on the clothes without a moment's hesitation. They fit better than you'd expected any outfit out of a pirate Captain's wardrobe to fit you, and seemed like they actually were a women's outfit.

Then again, that Captain, with the largest pirate ship in the bay, yet a small select crew, more than three pounds of gold in his pocket, and a well-known reputation around the cove, he probably had everything. Collecting a lot of wealth meant he had several fancy women's pirate outfits in one of those drawers, just waiting to be cut up and repurposed for his own next time he needed a new shirt. 

The outfit you were putting on consisted of a pair of black, baggy, cotton pants, held up by a brown leather belt with a bronze buckle, and a tight-fit white cotton deep-cut-v-neck elbow-length-sleeved shirt.

You spotted a cracked handheld mirror, and you did your best to see yourself in it. It was hard to see yourself well, but it didn't actually look half-bad. The fact it complemented your shape, you weren't sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

You heard footsteps coming back towards the cabin, and you immediately set the mirror down and faced the door.

The Captain knocked first. "You're done, I presume?" he said from the other side of the door.

"Yes sir," you replied loudly.

He opened the door and looked a bit taken aback by you. For a second you wondered if he thought you looked nice too, charmed by the beauty that you were so well known for...and had by now become your curse, carrying you off to this land to be sold and objectified.

and had by now become your curse, carrying you off to this land to be sold and objectified