Multiple Views

**PETE POV**HIS APARTMENT**

I woke up on the couch and Aaron was standing in the kitchen with his back to me. He was on the phone talking to someone called Angelica. For a split second I forgot why he was here, that he lived here, that I had kissed him. I quickly remembered the kiss. I knew he was gay, but didn't know I was. I would've understood him kissing me, but it didn't happen that way. I kissed him. It came back like a flash. Based on the clock we pretty much made out for like 15 minutes, but it felt like seconds. Was that good? It never felt like that when I kissed Grace, it felt like I always had to kiss her, since I was her boyfriend. It felt good to kiss Aaron, natural. I felt like I could do it forever. He didn't push away, I think he enjoyed it too. When I pulled away and he smiled I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. Afterwards we sat on the couch and watched some TV. Last thing I remember before falling asleep was him cuddled into me with his legs up on the couch and his head on my shoulder. I could see his eyelids slowly fall until his breathing slowed and he fell asleep. I stroked his hair until I soon fell asleep. It's almost seven now. We lied here for a good three hours together. Together. Then Grace's face flashed in my head. Then what Aaron had told me about her. What he had said made sense, I'll be honest, but I couldn't imagine Grace being a killer. I can't believe she would go after Aaron like that though. Should I break up with her? I love her, but not like that. I really like Aaron. As I sit and contemplate my next move I see Aaron end his call and turn around. He looks at me and smiles and he walks over and sits next to me, but farther away. He sits on his knees and looks at me, so I turn my upper body, clicking off the TV sensing it's important. He puts his hand on my arm that's laying on the back of the couch.

"I think we should talk.", he says looking serious. I know what he is talking about, but am afraid to say it.

"About?", I ask.

"The kiss. Grace. Me staying here. All of it.", he says slightly squeezing my arm. I don't pull away liking the touch. "I understand if you want me to go.", he says almost like he has been through a similar situation.

"I don't. Please, don't", I say practically begging. He smiles.

"I understand if you regret what you did. It was in the heat of the moment and if you don't have feelings I get it.", If anything it makes me like him even more how incredibly understanding he's being. Most girls (not that he's girly, I've just always had experience with girls) after you kiss them they expect a ring.

I lightly grab both of his shoulders, "Aaron, I don't regret it. If anything it's a realization. I have never felt this about any girl.", I lean forward slightly.

"Does that mean? I don't want to pressure you.", he says a glimpse of hope in his beautiful brown eyes.

"I think i'm....you know.", I say. I know it in my head, but it's hard to say aloud.

"I get it. If at any point you realize something different. Tell me. Don't feel obligated."

I'm just gonna say it, he was hot. I lightly lifted his chin and leaned forward kissing him. It felt like magic and I never wanted it to end. But it did when he pulled away.

"You can't.", I tilt my head confused. "Grace. You arn't available and I promised myself I wouldn't get involved with you if you were in a relationship.", part of me died and part of me was glad he wasn't going to put me on the spot.

"I know. I can call her.", I say going to grab my phone."

"Pete, stop.", he puts his hands around my face and looks at me. "I don't like Grace, I will admit it. But nobody deserves to be dumped over the phone. I also don't think you're ready. Do it the right way, on your own time.", he smiles and gets up to go to the room I gave him. I watch him walk down the hall and my heart sinks. I know he likes me, but I wish I could have him now. He is right though, Grace doesn't deserve to be dumped over a call. I decide to invite her over tomorrow for lunch and break the news. I text her to come over tomorrow around noon and pray we can end on good terms. With that I get up and go to bed.