"Life on Mars" Easy, Low-Cal Chicken Curry

I made this last night and it was easy, low cal and tasted so good!  It's based on a "Cooking Light" recipe but I changed it up quite a bit

I made this last night and it was easy, low cal and tasted so good! It's based on a "Cooking Light" recipe but I changed it up quite a bit. I'm of course naming all my recipes after David Bowie songs because he was a genius and an inspiration.

Ingredients:

2 – Organic boneless chicken breasts

1 ½ Teaspoons olive oil

1 cup sliced carrots

1 cup cauliflower florets

1 cup peeled sweet potatoes

1 cup broccoli florets

2/4 cup sliced yellow onion

3 teaspoons Madras curry powder

¾ cup chicken broth

2/4 teaspoon salt

1 can (16 0z) chickpeas (drained)

1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes (not drained)

Greek Yogurt

Directions:

1. Cut up the boneless chicken breasts into small cubes.

2. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat then add the chicken cubes. Saute the chicken until cooked thoroughly. Cut open a cube to see it is cooked all the way through. Should be about 5-8 minutes. Then set aside the chicken and rinse the skillet.

3. Heat the olive oil in the rinsed skillet. Add the sweet potato and sauté for five minutes over medium heat. Add the carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, onion and curry powder to the sweet potatoes. Stir constantly for 1 minute.

4. Add the chicken broth, salt, chickpeas and tomatoes to the skillet and bring to a boil. Once boiled, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the chicken to the vegetables and stir thoroughly.

5. Serve over brown basmati rice and put a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.