Rebecca Harrington's Ridiculous Beyonce Dieting Article

All:

All:

In honor of Beyonce's Superbowl performance tonight, I'm posting this article I wrote a little while ago.  I loves me some Beyonce but her dieting and Rebecca Harrington's article on Beyonce's dieting nearly killed me.

I hope you enjoy the article and remember to vote and comment.  xoxo Mara

-----------

https://www.yahoo.com/health/beyonces-diets-are-the-most-effective-i-have-ever-93210987612.html

I read the above article a little while ago written by Rebecca Harrington on Yahoo! and I have to say I lost a few pounds because I threw up after reading the article, it was that bad. I'm sorry for being so harsh but Rebecca must be all of 22 or 23 and writes like a 5th grader on Ritalin. How anyone can call this article journalism is beyond me.

This child, Rebecca (celebrity dieting writer for The Cut.com), decided that she was going to follow the many diets of her hero Beyoncé for ten days. I looked up Rebecca, she doesn't have 10 pounds to lose! She is this cute as a button young girl who looks like your average sorority girl. She thinks it super neat to go on diets that the celebrities go on just so she can put them farther up on her "celebrities are Gods" pedestal.

Her following of Beyoncé's diets pissed me off to no end (that must be pretty obvious). It sends all the wrong messages to young women out there. First of all, celebrities are human beings and are not to be worshipped. Second of all, this chick has no business dieting at all she is way too thin. So what essentially she is doing is promoting anorexia and idol worship. It was the most shallow and irresponsible article I have read in some time. Here is my favorite quote from her "article" –

"I have decided to do the entire range of Beyoncé's diets. I will endure the Master Cleanse that Beyoncé endured when she lost weight for Dreamgirls; I will attempt the herculean diet Beyoncé used to lose weight after birthing Blue Ivy. I will subject myself to Beyoncé's daily fitness and nutritional travails. I mean, this is a woman who, in 2005, hired someone to film her for sixteen hours a day: She knows how to look good."

Rebecca is talking about Beyoncé filming her documentary, "Life Is But a Dream" where Beyoncé was filmed for 16 hours a day. Rebecca's soul purpose for doing these Beyoncé diets is to "look good." Forget about health and wellness or even the soul. Her message is, "look good at all costs."

And let's break down the unhealthy diets that Beyoncé did to lose weight. There is the Master Cleanse, Beyoncé's Post Pregnancy Eating Plan and the Sasha Fierce Diet. These are all fad diets or crash diets and are extremely unhealthy. Even if you have a nutrition staff like Beyoncé I would not attempt any of the diets.

The Master Cleanse is just consuming a drink made of lemons and pepper essentially, the Post Pregnancy Diet allowed Beyoncé to lose 60 pounds in three months by eating high protein and exercising two hours a day. And the Sasha Fierce Diet consisted of more of the same and salads.

These crash diets are designed to shock the system and thus losing weight fast. These fad diets slow your metabolism, deprive your body of essential nutrients, weaken your immune system and can lead to cardiac stress.

The other problem is that you can't sustain the weight loss because you will eventually have to eat like a normal human being again.

Rebecca isn't the only one to blame here. Beyoncé has to stick with the correct message. In her, "Pretty Hurts" video Beyoncé is promoting positive body image but then on the other hand obsesses about looking good and goes on extreme diets. I will quote her lyrics from Pretty Hurts:

"Pretty hurts, we shine the light on whatever's worst
Perfection is a disease of a nation, pretty hurts, pretty hurts (pretty hurts)
Pretty hurts (pretty hurts), we shine the light on whatever's worst
We try to fix something but you can't fix what you can't see
It's the soul that needs the surgery."

Yes, our soul needs the surgery, Beyoncé and Rebecca! Rebecca, please for the love of God stop writing these articles about dieting and maybe take a writing class or five. Beauty is from the inside out, not the other way around. We need as a culture to stop focusing on how we look and focus on our souls. There is only one solution to our problems and that is a spiritual one.