Emmet Fox's Forgiveness Meditation

Hello everyone:

Hello everyone:

Forgiveness is so incredibly important I can't even begin to tell you.  Holding on to a resentment is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.  No matter what the person has done to you, you either forgive them or accept the situation. There really one in the same.

So, here is a meditation from Emmet Fox that will help you forgive whomever you hold a resentment against.  That heavy cloak that you're wearing from holding all the anger will be lifted.

Remember to vote and comment.

xoxo

Mara

-------------

In Eckhart Tolle's book, "The Power of Now" he says, "There is no greater obstacle to God than time." That is so true for me. When I'm in the future I'm either in anxiety about how something will turn out or I think the future is somehow better than where I am now. If I'm in the past I'm in remorse and self pity believing that somehow if I did things differently the outcome would be different. Both are delusions and my mind being my greatest tormentor. The only time is right now and that is where God resides.

I also believe that what is a greater obstacle to your higher power or God is resentment. When you don't forgive you completely cut yourself off from God. In recovery we can't afford resentments because as they say it's like drinking poison expecting the other person to die. We will drink and use if we continue to be victims to our resentments. I stayed in victimhood way into early sobriety until I learned to forgive and take responsibility for my part, and I ALWAYS have a part.

This blog post today is dedicated to my sponsor and my husband who taught me about forgiveness and about Emmet Fox. Below is a forgiveness meditation from Emmet Fox's book, "The Sermon on the Mount." If you're having a particularly tough time forgiving someone, find a quiet place and repeat the below meditation (FYI – I'm a big ole Jew so I have a problem saying Christ so I just say God instead).

"Get by yourself and become quiet. Repeat any prayer or treatment that appeals to you, or read a chapter of the Bible. Then quietly say, "I fully and freely forgive ___(mentioning the name of the offender); I loose him and let him go. I completely forgive the whole business in question. As far as I am concerned, it is finished forever. I cast the burden of resentment upon the Christ within me. He is free now, and I am free too. I wish him well in every phase of his life. The incident is finished. The Christ truth has set us both free. I'd thank God."

Sometimes the resentment isn't lifted for a little but it eventually does.