American Flag Cheesecake Bars

I made these American flag cheesecake bars recipe for the 4th of July

I made these American flag cheesecake bars recipe for the 4th of July.  It's a cute little recipe and delicious, although I did change some things from the Allrecipes recipe.  And when I make these again instead of using seedless raspberry jelly, I would use red frosting.  The kind you can get in a can or tube that you can get from the grocery store.

As you can see the raspberry jelly didn't make the greatest lines and the jelly ran as well.  Oh and I got rid of the lemon juice because frankly I don't like a lemon taste getting in the way of my cheesecake.

So, all you patriots here is a great recipe that you can do for Memorial day since the 4th of July is over.

Crust:

1/2 cup whole almonds

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted

Filling:

3 8-oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature

3/4 cup sugar

3 large eggs, at room temperature

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon salt

Blueberries

1 cup seedless raspberry jelly – Although, in retrospect I would use red frosting

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides. Spray the foil with cooking spray.

2. For the crust:  Put the almonds in a food processor until finely chopped. Add flour, brown sugar and salt, and process until well combined. Add butter and pulse just until mixture begins to come together. Press mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes then Let cool.

3. For the filling: In a stand up mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth (remember to scrape the sides of the mixer). I beat my cream cheese and sugar until it's really smooth, no lumps.  Heat up the eggs in the microwave a little then add eggs, one at a time, beating until just very smooth. Then add the lemon juice, vanilla and salt and combine.

4. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Tap  Place pan on a large roasting pan and put in oven. Pour hot tap water into roasting pan until it comes up about an inch around baking pan. I used a drinking glass to do this.  Bake for 40 minutes. Cool completely, then cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.

5.  Lift cheesecake out of pan by the foil overhang and onto a flat surface for decorating. Heat a large sharp knife under hot water; dry knife. Trim off edges of cheesecake. Cut into 10 bars.

6.  Decorate each bar with 4 blueberries in upper left corner to resemble stars. As I stated earlier, if you want clean lines and no bleeding from seedless raspberry Jelly, I would use red frosting from the supermarket to make the stripes.