10 Meditations To Get Your Day Started

All:

All:

I found these "just for today" meditations from a recovery conference.  They really spoke to me and I can't tell you how important it is to start your day in meditation to make sure you are mindful, grateful and out of fear and self.  I hope these meditations help you each morning to have  a calm and peaceful day.

Remember to vote and comment.  Namaste. xoxo Mara

----------------

Here are 10 meditations you can say in the am to get your day started:

1. Just for today I will be happy. I will have no expectations nor will I make demands today. I will give up my need to know anything or understand anything. Instead, I shall pause and seek the will of God, which will come intuitively if I just become still and quiet.

2. Just for today I will adjust myself to what is and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my "luck" as it comes, and fit myself to the stream of life.

3. Just for today I will try to live through this day only and not try to tackle my whole life problem at once.

4. just for today I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, act courteously, criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything and not try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

5. Just for today it is none of my business what anyone thinks of me or about anything else and I don't have the power to make anyone change. That's God's job.

6. Just for today I will remember that it is not the experience of TODAY that drives me mad - it is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened YESTERDAY and the dread of what TOMORROW may bring. I will remember that the past is gone - it's just an image in my mind. I also have no stake in the future for it is yet unborn. Therefore, the present moment is the only real moment and it is only in the present moment that a conscious contact with God can be found.

7. Just for today I will cease fighting anything or anyone - because what I resist persists.

8. Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful. I will remember that I am a spiritual mirror and I will choose to believe that as I give Love to the world, so the world will reflect love back to me.

9. Just for today I will have a quiet half hour all by myself to relax. During this half hour, I will try to get a better perspective on my life. My goal is a "sane" peace of mind through spiritual living.

10. Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do someone a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do just for exercise