Valentine's Day - Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes

I made these last night in cupcake size and in mini mini size

I made these last night in cupcake size and in mini mini size.  They came out really well and are super delicious and super rich.  If you don't want such a rich cheesecake then I would suggest putting a thin layer of frosting on the cheesecake and doing a regular crust, not an Oreo Cookie crust.

For me, I can't get enough of the cream cheese frosting and could have it on liver and I loves me some Oreo Cookies.

This cheesecake along with my other cheesecake recipes will be in my new book that I'm working on ironically called, The Self Worth Diet.  It's a food-memoir (foodoir) mixed with self help.  Hope you enjoy the recipe and make if for your sweetie pie this Valentine's Day.

Also, remember to vote and comment.  xoxoxo Mara

Ingredients

Crust:

• 36 Oreo Cookies (get a family style bag)

• ½ cup butter

• 2 Tablespoons white sugar

Cheesecake

• 3 - 8 oz packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temperature)

• 1 ½ cup white sugar

• 4 large eggs, slightly warmed and slightly beaten

• 1 cup sour cream (at room temperature)

• 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa

• ½ cup of half and half

• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

• 1 small (1 0z) bottle of red food coloring

Frosting

• 1 – 8 oz package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temperature)

• 4 Cups powdered sugar

• 2/4 cup butter (at room temperature)

• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake and mini mini cupcake pan with paper liners.

Crust – Put the 36 Oreos in a blender until crushed then put in a mixing bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave (1min will do) then put in the mixing bowl with the Oreo crumbs, then add the sugar. Combine the ingredients together until it's a crumbly mixture. Then press about a tablespoon into the cupcake liners. For the mini mini press about a teaspoon into the liners.

Cheesecake – Beat the cream cheese and sugar at a high speed for about a minute or two, until smooth. Add the cocoa, eggs, sour cream, half and half, vanilla and food coloring to the cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the stand up mixer, hand mixer on high until well combined. The mixture will be watery. I used a spoon and filled the cupcake pan and mini mini pans to the top. When cooked they will rise then drop so don't worry.

Bake the mini mini's for 15 minutes and the cupcake size for 30 minutes. Then remove them from the oven and let cool completely before putting frosting on them.

Frosting – Beat the cream cheese and the butter until completely smooth. Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat in an stand up or electric mixer until fluffy and that there are no cream cheese lumps. Get your cupcake frosting bags out and pipe the cooled cheesecakes with the frosting. Then take the cheesecakes out of the pans and chill overnight.