A BMW Cooks Me Alive

Will Solace POV (edited)

After a good 10 minutes of driving, we had finally made it to the station. The officer let me out of his car and led me to the front door.

He led me to a bench in the front of the station and told me to sit down on it. I did.  At least I got a clear view of his name tag. My dyslexia wasn't as bad as other demigods, so I managed to make out a clear "Officer Jones". Heck, it was a lot better than calling him "the officer" all the time.  

This was over an hour ago. Since then, I've seen no sign of him. Other officers and secretaries gave me a few tissues and offered me a glass of water. Which I greatly accepted because my throat was parched. Just as I finished my glass, I saw Officer Jones walking towards me with a file in his hands. I made sure to move over a bit so that he could sit down. Once he did, he spared a glance at me and flicked open the file.

"Well kid," he said. "It took us a while, but we found out that you have an uncle. Names Clint Barton, that ringing any bells?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Never heard of him in my life." I told Jones. And it was the truth, never once had my mom mentioned an uncle Clint.

"Says here that him and your mom were siblings separated by adoption. The family only took your mom and left him. Her adoption records say she was taken in when she was only a year old, so she couldn't have remembered that she had an older brother." He informed me whilst scanning the file. Wait? My mom was adopted? Did my grandparents know that my mom had a brother that they left behind, did they know I had an uncle.

"Alright, what does that have to do with me?" I asked him. 

"Well he's the closest living relative we could find. So we made a phone call and he said that he would come in ten minutes to pick you up. It's a good thing you packed a bag, because you're going to be staying there for a while." He answered. Well this year turned out different, it was supposed to be my and my mom, but now it's going to be my and my uncle who might as well be a stranger from the streets. Nonetheless, I nodded my understanding of the situation to Jones. He patted my shoulder and then walked off, probably to put the file back and get some more work done.

Ten minutes later

"Hey kid he's here." Officer Jones said, walking back over to me. Whoever my uncle was didn't mess around, it's been exactly ten minutes since I was told he was coming. Hate to see what would happen if I was ever late for school.

I pushed myself off of the bench and began to follow Jones to the exit where my uncle was waiting. When I got there, I saw a tall muscular guy with dirty blonde hair.He styled it up and wore a plain purple shirt and jeans. With the amount of veins protruding form his arms, he looked like the gym was his life.

"Well, um, how about we go?" He asked, while twirling a set of car keys around his pointer finger. Straight to point then. I nodded because I really had no choice in the matter and began to walk towards the door with him. When we got outside, I followed my uncle to a black BMW. The interior was also black leather, which made me feel like I was being slowly roasted as I sat down in the front passengers seat. Sure it was a nice car, but it was more fashion over function.

"Where are we going?" I asked, quietly. I had a right to know after all. If he was going to drop me off at some orphanage then I might as well as get out of the car right now. 

"Well, if this helps at all, I'll tell you that we're staying in New York City." He said. I nodded and let out a sight of relief. At least if I ever needed to escape to Camp, the option was always there.

"But intsead of being all vague and mysterious and sh*t like a jacka*s, we're going to Stark tower, more formally known as the Avengers tower." He added on. I looked over at him with doubt clearly on my face, but all he did was smirk in return.

"Soooo, do you have any hobbies?" I asked trying to break the ice. This car ride was already awkward, but that was the cherry on the sundae. Trying to make conversation with family, nice job Will, you really messed up. He shrugged at my question. 

"With my job, we don't really have time for hobbies, unless Archery counts," he told me.

"Really? I didn't think anyone else but me and my cabin mates at camp would like Archery in this entire city." I said a little shocked. What? Archery isn't really a common thing in New York. Maybe it just runs in the family? For all I know, my mom could've been a real life Katniss Everdeen. 

"My bow is in my duffle." I added. He looked over at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Should I be concerned that you have a bow in your bag?" He asked.

"Not if you want to be a cool uncle," I replied, looking out the window.

"Fair enough."

After a few minutes of almost comfortable silence, the car came to a stop. When it had been parked, we got out of the car and made our way to the building.

Before I knew it, we were in an elevator.

Sorry it was short please comment

GOTTA BLAST