Just Follow The Yellow Brick Road, All The Way To Avengers Tower

Clint Barton POV

"I know that I meant it as a joke before, but should I seriously be concerned about the fact that you have a bow and possibly quiver sitting in your duffel bag?" I asked him again. He glanced over at me and shook his head while grinning. Okay then, I guess being concerned that your nephew owns a weapon that could seriously hurt someone is a bad thing then.

"You have nothing to worry about," he informed me. "I'm not some sort of spy or vigilante that's undercover trying to kill you."

"Funny how that's the first thing you say to defend yourself." I replied while adjusting my front mirror. He looked at me, slightly nervous. Got him. Lightly punching his arm, I said that I was kidding. In response, he hit my shoulder a bit harder and rolled his eyes.

"Ow!" I said, laughing. "That's such a rude thing to do to your uncle who is graciously taking you in."

The kid held up his hands in mock surrender and chuckled. After that we spent a few minutes in what I would like to say is comfortable silence.

"So you have any other hobbies?" I asked. To be honest, I was kinda getting antsy with all the silence happening. It was as though I should take this opportunity to get to know him, if I can.

"Yeah," he answered.

"Gonna share them?" I asked him. He looked out the window before responding.

"Some of this might sound a bit strange as a hobbie, but I swear that it's completely true and that I'm not some secret serial killer of sorts." He said.

"Trust me kid, I can handle strange." I told him.

"Alright then," he muttered to himself. We were in close quarters so I still heard it. "My hobbies are archery, music, kind of into fencing and gymnastics. I'm also a junior doctor." He said the last part all in one breath, if it weren't for years of training listening to conversations and people talking in the strangest ways, I probably wouldn't have gotten any of it.

But a junior doctor? Bruce is gonna love that.  Already he's going to have two members of the team on his good side. Steve will probably be quick to join the welcoming Will committee because he's fond of kids. Thor will probably be good with him, unless Will makes a comment about his Norse pride.  Natasha and Tony might be a bit iffy when it comes to kids. But if that's the case, then those two are just likely to avoid him the entire time.  This should work out great.

After about ten minutes of driving, we arrived at the tower. The sun was burning outside, so instead of stepping out of the car, I peeled myself out of the car. Taking a glance at Will, I saw that he was already out and waiting at trunk. No doubt. wanting to get his bag. I pressed a button on Ton'y keys and the back sprang open. 

Once Will had collected his things, we made our way to the main entrance. I flashed my security card at the guards near the door and told them that Will was with me. After that, I went straight to the elevator. Along the way, I stopped for a fraction of a second to wave at Pepper. But then it was straight back to the elevator.

I thought I had been going a bit faster than normal, so I was surprised to find that Will was right behind me. When we into the elevator the doors slid closed and started moving. After a few seconds, an  AC/DC song blared to life. I snorted while Will grinned.

"A classic rock," he said. "But at the moment, I'd like something more along the lines of Panic! At The Disco."

"I'll make a note," I replied. He nodded and grinned.

"But I do warn you, we can get pretty crazy up there. I've even heard some of Tony's employees call it the 'no mans land'." I added. He looked confused at my statement.

"Where exactly are we going? I get that it's Stark Tower, but I thought that you worked here." He said. I smugly f=grinned at his question/statment. Oh he had no idea.

"We're going to the Avenger's floor, kid." I told him.

THE FIRST VERSION OF THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT AND CRINGY, AHHHHHHH.

GOTTA BLAST