0.1

2 years later. Jurassic World has opened.

The sun shone heavily down on my skin as I ran, loving the feeling of the wind rushing through my fur. There was absolutely no cloud cover and it was hot as hell, so I was stuck running my laps at the mercy of the sun, only going as far at the heat would let me go, and I was getting very close to that limit. My tongue already hung out of my mouth, and I could feel my fur dampening with sweat the more I moved.

"Hey

I loved it though, the burning feeling I got in my muscles as I ran, it energized me and pushed me harder. I'd just have to be sure to jump in the river when Owen and I got back home to cool off.

"Bailey! You crazy dog- Come!" I heard Owen yell from his platform above the paddock and I skidded to a halt, sliding on the dirt as I stopped doing my laps around the paddock to look up at him. I sat patiently as my tail wagged behind me while I waited for him to say something.

When Owen has been working all day, and I need some exercise, he lets me do some big laps around the raptor paddock to work off some steam. After a while he'll call me back and I'll watch him do the training routine with the four raptors. Over the few years I've known them, I've come to learn that the raptors names are Blue, Charlie, Delta, Echo, specifically in the manner of who's the most dominant, but I recognize them mostly by their colour. Charlie was green, Delta was brown, Blue was- well blue, and Echo was yellow coloured, it was easiest to go off look rather than actually recognizing who had what name.

I yipped at Owen when he motioned for me to join him, and began to make my way through the crowds of workers to the steel steps that led to the pathways above the paddock. I trotted up the stairs and jogged lightly over to Owen. When I reached him, I perched on my haunches and looked up at him, my tongue hanging out of my mouth as I was panting from my 8 laps around the paddock.

"Good girl" He rubbed behind my flopped over ear and I closed my eyes happily.

"Alright, let's get this thing moving. Heel" Owen spoke to me before walking off, I kept up a pace to make sure I matched his longer strides.

I soon saw Barry, Owen's assistant trainer walk up to Owen with a smile on his face.

"Hey Barry" Owen did the bro hug thing with Barry.

"Owen, Let's hope today goes well eh?" Owen nodded before walking off with a smile. I yipped at Barry and he looked down at me, a smile forming on his face.

"Hello Bailey." He crouched down and rubbed my neck and head. "And how are you today?" I leaned up on Barry's knee and licked his face. I rarely licked anyone. My training always has me in an alert mode, and I'm always cautious of everyone except Owen, and Barry has earned my trust. There was this one girl a while ago that went on a date with Owen that I didn't mind much. At first when I met her, she wasn't super nice to me, mostly just avoided me and referred to me as 'it'. I couldn't say however that she was the worst person I've met, that title belonged to Hoskins. That guy who came and recruited Owen to train the raptors a few years back. He's an asshole.

"I'll take that as you're happy" I barked in agreement before I heard Owen calling me. I jumped off Barry and jogged over to him. He kneeled down and rested his forearm on his knee.

"Go get the pig for me?" He smiled and I yipped, quickly running off to my station. That's right, when Owen started training the raptors, he let me help out by 'unleashing the pig.' Stupid term I know, but I'm happy to do it if it helps.

I found the spot where I stood to let out the pig and the thick white rope hanging over the guard rail. Taking the rope into my mouth, I bit down securely and pulled it tight. I watched Owen as he grabbed the clicker and gave a short whistle, the signal for me to pull the rope. I growled playfully as I pulled back on the thick rope, lifting open the small door and the pig bolted. I got the urge to go chase it but I quickly suppressed it knowing not only would I be in trouble from Owen, but from the raptors as well...