1.2

**UNEDITED**  Warning, very long chapter :)) 

Whining escaped my mouth as I started to panic. My breathing increased and I cried at the sight in front of me. Quickly turning around, I limped as fast as I could away from the scene, and towards main street. Owen was waiting for me, and I couldn't let Owen, Claire or the boys get harmed just because I was distracted.

//

Find Owen.

Save Owen.

Find Owen.

Save Owen.

These words played on and on again in my mind with every breath as I limped through the forest. I'd made good distance since I ran into that man, but I knew I still had a way to go. I couldn't help but feel like I was near the main road by now though, I had to be. I'd been walking for too long to not be.

My legs were shaking beyond control, I could barely move, let alone walk. My vest was starting to become uncomfortable and stick to my skin, and the chain collar around my neck was digging into a small slice on the side of my neck. It was easy to say I was in a miserable state. It would have been easy for me to just drop to the ground and never move again, but those words still rang in my ears.

Find Owen.

Save Owen.

I couldn't let him down now.

Pushing my body to keep moving, I had my eyes barely open due to the pulsing pain from all my wounds. I still couldn't get over what just happened. I had killed that man, easily and without a second thought. Yes I was trained to do that back when I was a pup, but I was never actually sent out into the field! I've never used my training on anyone who wasn't in the fat suit. The image of him laying face down in the mud is something I'll never be able to forget, as well as the taste of his blood that still lingered on my tongue. But I couldn't worry about that now.

Find Owen.

Save Owen.

The sound of leaves beneath my paws ceased and the sound of my paws hitting concrete caused me to look down, thinking it was my mind playing a trick on me. The grey stone beneath my paws was damp and cold, a refreshing feeling to my injured body. I raised a paw and scratched at the pavement, it didn't move. Surely this wasn't a mind trick. I released the breath I was holding, a huge weight rolling off my shoulders as I weakly limped out into the middle of the road and essentially flopped. My pain seemed to minimize as the cold damp pavement eased the swelling and bleeding. Relief washed over me as I laid still in the middle of the road, this meant I was closer to finding Owen.

Find Owen.

Save Owen.

The ground beneath me started to rumble slightly. My head perked up and my ears swiveled to face directly down the road. The darkness prevented me from seeing anything, but I could hear the unmistakable deep growling of an engine. It was only a few seconds later a pair of round lights appeared in the darkness and blinded me. My tail began to wag in anticipation as the lights grew nearer. Maybe they could take me to where Owen was.

The large vehicle approached me fast, and for a moment I thought they weren't going to stop, the the screeching sound of breaks and muffled yells caught my attention. The truck stopped a little bit in front of me, and very quickly a figure jumped from the front seat. I couldn't see who it was until they were right up near my face.

Red hair, light eyes, white clothes and the unmistakable perfume, the vision cleared and Claire was looking down at me. Loud whimpers escaped my mouth and my tail began wagging widely. I weakly lifted my head to meet her scared looking face. I was so happy to see her.