0.7

***UNEDITED***

I had never gotten the chance to drive in a topless car before, but with the wind running past me so fast my fur was permanently glued back, I could easily say that I enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed any other car with a roof.

Zach's driving actually wasn't that bad, except for the one turn he took too hard causing both me and Gray to slam into the passenger side doors. Gray had shoved his older brother and I just huffed and used my tail to whack Zach's shoulder. Now we were easily speeding down a worn pathway in the foliage towards the park, I think. I wasn't good with directions.

I had sat myself behind Zach's seat and had my head hanging out over the edge, my tongue hanging from my mouth as the wind rushed by. I saw a gate come into few a few hundred metres ahead of us and I let out a bark, moving myself to look between the 2 front seats.

Zach didn't seemed fazed by the gate as he kept his foot hard on the accelerator. Gray seemed a little uneasy, but I leaned forward and licked his cheek in comfort. He smiled, laughed and rubbed under my muzzle.

"Are you sure this is right way?" Gray asked his older brother.

"Yeah." He answered a little uneasily, looking over at Gray and back to the road before muttering a "kinda."

His attention turned back to the approaching gate, making the car slam right through the rusted metal. The jolt of the car hitting the gate caused both Zach and Gray to launch forward, both catching themselves on the dash. I on the other hand, was sent tumbling to the floor of the back seat uncomfortably. My head being wedged between the hard floor and my own body with my paws and neck at awkward positions. I huffed and made some other noises as I tried to maneuver myself back onto the seat, although only having my back feet up on the seat made it difficult.

Zach and Gray began to laugh wildly as I struggled to get up and continued for a moment before Gray spun in his seat and helped me back up. I shook out my fur and sat back on my haunches, my ears flattened to my head in a sense of unamusement. I licked my lips as the boys continued to laugh. I just rolled my eyes.

When their laughter died down, Zach spoke up.

"Okay, we're safe now." His eyes never leaving to path, although Gray had a strange look on his face, turning around in his seat. It was then that I heard the unmistakable sounds of flying pterosaurs. I spun around on the small back seat to see masses of dark clouds made of the flying reptiles above the tree line, growing ever closer. Gray began to hit the dash.

"Go! Go! Go go go!" Zach shifted gears and pressed harder on the gas, the jeep accelerating even more causing me to stumble on my feet. I kept my eyes on the dinosaurs and watched to make sure none got close. I ran off away from Owen to find these boys and I plan to return them to him and Claire unharmed and intact. I'm not entirely sure of what I'd do against a dinosaur, but if it comes to that, I'll do what I have to.

The tree line broke and the sky opened up as Zach drove further. I grew more nervous as we were now out in the open and susceptible to dive-bombing pterosaurs.

A huge wall with a blue gate labeled '5' gate into view. Both Zach and Gray were screaming to open the gate and let us in. There were 2 guards on top the wall, each holding a gun, something I was thankful for. Looking back over my shoulder, I saw the dark cloud of pterosaurs grow closer. I began barking wildly as Zach drove quickly towards the large wall.

The blue gate finally began to open and Zach plowed the car through. I let out a thankful breath to be in a familiar place once again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to a containment anomaly, all guests must take shelter immediately." A british voice filled the speakers of the park as Zach stopped the car and hopped out, Gray following him. I simply jumped over the side of the door and landed on the ground, my K-9 vest making my landing less smooth than it usually would be.