0.9

**UNEDITED**

"We know that she is in Sector 5. This is a game we call hide and seek, it's a scent drill, we've done it about 1000 times with these animals." Owen leaned forward over the table, overlooking a small map that was placed in the center. About 12 men dressed in black clothing with guns were listening to Owen explain the plan, a few looking more antsy or nervous than the others.

Bailey was propped up on her back feet, with her front paws holding her steading against the table's ledge as she observed what was happening around her. The protection vest that was securely wrapped around her frame was beginning to bug her, just because she couldn't move around in it as well as she normally could, her maneuverability was beginning to drop. She paid it little mind though, as she knew it served to protect her, just as she served to protect Owen.

"When they get on target, and they will get on target, wait to engage." Owen held up a finger and looked a few guys in the eyes.

A taller man with a large scruffy beard and a black helmet on top his head kept shooting glances to the german shepherd between Owen and Barry. The orders he had been given were clear and precise and he'd carry them out, no questions asked.

"Velociraptors are pack hunters. They like to herd the animal into a kill zone; That's when we take our shot. Get a clear shot, wait on my command and give her everything you got. You got one good target gentlemen, do not shoot my raptors, or my dog. Please." Bailey looked up at Owen when he finished and took a step back away from the table, tilting her head to the side lightly. The crowd around the table dispersed and Bailey dropped her front feet back down to the ground.

Seeing how fidgety her owner was, Bailey gently nudged her head against his leg. The action caught Owen's attention, and he looked down at his K-9. She lazily flopped back onto her haunches, supporting her upper body with her legs, and let her tongue hang out one side of her mouth. Owen rolled his eyes at Bailey, but kneeled over and used both hands to rub around her ears and under her jaw.

Owen hit the one spot behind her floppy ear and immediately her back foot began thumping at the ground. Owen laughed and just ran his hand through the long fur on her neck. The two made eye contact and Bailey scooched forward, nuzzling her head into Owen's chest as she made a strange grunting sound. Owen sighed and continued to rub behind her ears. With the lack of communication between him and his family, Bailey was essentially the only being he had. That's why he was so worried about the german shepherd at the moment, he didn't want anything to happen to her, he didn't know what he'd do if she were to be hurt, or worse, killed. Owen sighed and looked down at the dog nuzzled into his chest. Gently running a hand under her jaw, he lifted her head to look at him.

She fully let Owen's hand support her muzzle and she looked into his eyes.

"You be careful Bailey. I don't want to lose you." He said honestly to Bailey. She whined as he ran another hand down her neck. Bailey saw the vulnerability in his eyes, and decided he needed a bit of cheering up. Suddenly moving forward, Bailey attacked Owen's face with her tongue, repeatedly licking him as he squirmed and tried to hold her back while laughing.

Just like he cared for her, Bailey loved her human. Her raised her, took care of her, loved her, and she would do anything she needed to do to protect him. It was her job after all.

"Okay Okay, you gross dog!" Owen joked as he finally managed to get Bailey back on her own feet and down away from his face. Now energized, Bailey jumped away and began spinning circles while yipping at Owen, slowly inching to the door. He stood and followed the german shepherd through the crowd towards the raptor paddock with a shake of his head and a chuckle.