1.0

UNEDITED

Previously

The gates shot open and the raptors went flying out. Bailey took off ahead of Owen and Barry, sprinting into the tree line after the raptors. Her paws kicked up dirt behind her and she stretched her legs to run as fast as they could. Wind rushed through her fur and the sound of Owen's motorcycle engine behind her only spurred her forward. There was no turning back now.

For the hunt had already begun.

\\ //

There was no slowing down Bailey now. She surged forward, the raptors leading the way ahead of her, with her trainer and other officers behind her. Her muscles pushed her forward with every stride she took. Her claws digging into the dirt and foliage below her, only giving her strides more grip, allowing her to move faster.

The chirping of the raptors and the roar of the vehicles behind her allowed Bailey to keep tabs on where everyone was

The chirping of the raptors and the roar of the vehicles behind her allowed Bailey to keep tabs on where everyone was. Her ears were flat against her head, the sense of smell guiding her mostly as she followed the raptors trails.

Jumping over a fallen log, Bailey landed easily and kept her speed up, her legs burning with pent up adrenaline and her heart pounding with excitement. The thought of fear was pushing into the back of her mind as she focused on the hunt she was partaking in.

The sound of an approaching motorcycle engine caught Bailey's attention momentarily. Glancing back as she kept running, Bailey caught sight of Owen's bike approaching on her right side. As Owen rode up next to his dog, he whistled, signalling for her to stay close, as he wanted, needed to keep her safe. Bailey carefully maneuvered herself so she was right beside Owen's bike as he sped along, the headlight on the front illuminating the dark ahead, making it much easier for Bailey to navigate beside her trainer.

Owen twisted the throttle of his bike a bit more, making sure Bailey could still keep up as he went faster. He would see her breath in the chilly air, heavy breaths coming from her mouth as she ran with her mouth slightly open. Her mottled dark brown fur was rustled by the wind, her frame shaking every time one of her paws came into contact with the ground. Owen couldn't deny the feeling of worry and fear that he held for Bailey. They were going up against a white monster, and with her being nowhere near equipped to handle the beast, Owen could only hope that the protective vest that was wrapped around her torso and chest would protect her enough while he kept her at a safe distance from the beast. He was honestly scared that this was one fight Bailey couldn't handle.

Soon enough the trees opened up to a small field and the raptors began to slow down their pace. Owen released the gas on the bike, the speed slowing down. Bailey shortened her stride, digging her claws into the dirt more to gain more traction as she slowed.

"They're slowing down" Barry had caught up to Owen, Bailey and the raptors in front of them. Owen pulled his vest away from his body, pulling the material up to his mouth to speak into the microphone.