0.3

The car ride went along rather quickly. I had been put in the backseat, which was small and squishy for a dog my size. When Owen yelled at me for circling in the backseat, I refused to just sit still and decided to shove my head into the front through the space in between the driver and passenger seats. Claire squirmed when I did do, probably unused to having anything other  than executives, investors or similar people in her car, especially a dog.

During the drive, I had made a game of trying to lick Claire's arm as she drove to see how far it would take her to get her to snap. But after countless licks, Owen's persistent laughing, and Claire not snapping, my game became boring and I gave up, just sat back and enjoyed the rest of the drive.

The car rolled to a stop in front of a huge cement building which I assumed was 'the asset's." Owen got out of the car and opened up the back door for me to hop out. I landed on the hard gravel, then immediately went to Owen's side, keeping up his pace. Something really wasn't right with this place, it smelt like Claire did earlier, it smelt... wrong. 

"We've been pre-booking tickets for months. The park needs a new attraction every few years to reinvigorate the public's interest, kinda like the space program. Corporate felt, that genetic modification would up the wow factor." Owen and I followed Claire up a set of metal stairs on the side of the paddock. I was taking slower steps than Claire and Owen due to the scent in the air. Something was off about it. It smelt dangerous... and it shouldn't be messed with. My hair stood on end the closer we got to the top of the stairs.

"They're dinosaurs. Wow enough." Owen said, Claire wasn't fazed.

"Not according to our focus groups. The Indominus Rex makes us relevant again." I snorted at the name. Ha, indominus-

May as well have named it the we-don't-know-what-to-call-this-thing-asaurus.

"Indominus Rex." Owen laughed

"We needed something scary, and easy to pronounce. You should hear a 4 year old try to pronounce Arnyokythamimus." I stopped walking up the stairs and took a second.

Arnyo- Arnky- Arnyoko. Okay what the hell I can't even say it.

I looked up at the sound of a whistle. "Bailey, come on." Owen was holding open the door for me and I quickly trotted into the room with a solid glass wall. He walked in behind me and straight up to the glass while I stayed near the door. This room was full of that stench. The stench of that thing in that paddock, and I did not like it. Not one bit.

I kept my head low to the ground and my tail low and close to my legs, my chest making a low perpetual growling sound as Owen spoke.

"So what's this thing made of?" He asked. Claire tapped away on a tablet.

"The base genome is a T-Rex, the rest is classified." I took a step back, my butt hitting the wall behind me. I really wasn't liking it in here, something wasn't right or something was going to go horribly, horribly wrong.

"You made a new dinosaur but you don't even know what it is?" I growled a tad louder at that. The thing smelt a ton like raptor, but I knew something was wrong! She said it was a T-rex too.. So that must mean it's a whole bunch of different things.

"The lab delivers us finished assets and we show them to the public. Can we drop a steer please." Claire demanded at the guard in the corner. Soon enough a large crane came into view through the glass and a huge chuck of a cow was hung on it. I cringed.

"How long has the animal been in here?"

"All it's life." Claire responded, again tapping away at the tablet.