CHAPTER 7 - AMY

FEBRUARY 2015 – NEPAL

I went through the entire room at least twice, but my laptop and files were truly gone. I bit my lip hard while panic rose inside me. So many questions consumed my thoughts that I almost didn't hear the footsteps coming up the stairs. I turned around quickly and sprinted towards the only hiding spot I could think of. I was just in time to lock the door of the bathroom when I heard people entering the apartment. I tried to look through the keyhole to get a look of the intruders and saw a man dressed in black standing in the doorway. He was tall and broad and looked very dangerous, but he seemed to carry no weapons. Very slowly he walked into the apartment and three people entered after him, one of them was a woman. They all looked like a threat but none of them carried any weapons.

"She's still not here," the tall man said after checking the room.

She. So they knew who I was, or at least that I was female. I guessed they were also the ones who had stolen my files, and now they had returned for me. But who were they? The only answer I could think of was the secret service; I was doing some illegal things, like hacking their satellites, but why would they carry no weapons?

They could have hacked my laptop, but how could they possibly have hacked the security program? my designed program? No, that couldn't be, so the secret service was out of question.

Another thought popped into my head, very unlikely but not impossible. They must have had some tricks of their own and in that way they found me, despite my attempts to stay unnoticed.

Travelling was no option; If they had all my files, then it was necessary to get them back, even if I had to fight.

"Wait, look!" said the woman. "There's another door here."

Oh damn. Now they would discover me. I searched my pockets for knives or any other weapons I had hidden under my clothes this morning. I only found my small silver dagger, I assumed the rest of my weapons layed somewhere in the mess outside. I made a quick plan: surprising them was probably the best option, then I could attack them before any of them could grasp what was happened.

I held the dagger firmly in my hand and took a deep breath.

I unlocked the door and jumped forward. Caught by surprise they all looked shocked at me. I was too fast and before any of them had moved, I had already reached the woman. Everything around me began to move slower, like I was watching the world in slow motion, which always happened when I turned into my fighting mode. I knocked my elbow into the woman's face and this caused her to stumble backwards, but she regained balance and quickly went into fighting position. She tried to punch me in the face, but as I watched her fist coming closer in slow motion, I ducked and punched her in the stomach instead. This time she fell on the ground in a heap. One down. I turned towards the three men remaining.

With non-human speed I ran to the man closest to me; It was the broad man I had first seen through the keyhole. He swung his arm towards my head, but he was too slow. My dagger was already stuck in his arm before he realised he had missed me. A loud, deafening scream followed and the man tried to take the dagger out of his arm. Taking advantage of this moment, I punched him in the face and kicked him. He fell backwards with his head on the table, which caused a small puddle of blood on the floor. He was knocked out, but that was it. He wasn't dead. I looked at his arm where the knife was stuck, but apart from a normal wound there was nothing ordinary.

Now I was getting confused, because they had told me, they had thaught me, promised me that it would be harmful to them, harmful to others than us. Their bodies would shake all over and eventually turn to dust, but nothing of that was happening. This couldn't be, I didn't understand.

In my state of surprise, I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings; hands on my shoulders pulled me backwards. I fell on the ground. One of the remaining men grabbed my hair and pulled me up. I tried to kick him but I missed. He took this to his advantage and slammed my head against the wall. Everything around me was spinning. I felt a warm stream of blood flowing down my cheek. He let go of my hair and I fell in a heap on the ground. Pain shot through my body, it was the only thing I could feel right now. The man was standing above me and took something from under his jacket, probably a weapon I hadn't noticed. It was a gun and he pointed it at my head. Looking me directly in the eye, he said:

"You have no clue what you are supposed to do. You made so many mistakes and you are no step closer. You can either surrender and come with us or keep resisting and die."

I would not surrender, if they were who I thought they were, they would kill me anyway. Instead of answering I spit in his face. First he looked shocked but then he got angry.

"Alright, if that's what you choose."

He held the gun closer to my head. I could feel the cold iron on my skin, but I wasn't going to give up yet, I needed to find a way out. At that moment an idea came to mind, an idea that could save me. The only thing I needed to do was let them out.

The feeling. This feeling; it was incredible every time. Something protruding from my back, giving me a warm feeling as it spread further and further through my body. Soft like a blanket of feathers, though in reality it was harder than anything on Earth. It made my body relax, I felt safe with it. It was like wings enclosing my body, but not wings made to fly, wings to protect me like a shield.

It had just covered my whole body when he pulled the trigger, followed by a loud bang. I felt the impact of the shot, but the actual bullet didn't hit me. My shield had stopped the bullet. With complete surprise and horror, he looked at me. This was the moment, I got up and in a split of a second I had my hands on his throat and pushed him backwards.

I cut his face open with my fingernails; he screamed and he tried to put his hands on my face. Taking advantage, I took a broken glass from the table and hit his head. He fell to the ground, he was down; now I still had one other person to worry about.

With the speed of light I turned around and ran to him. I jumped and knocked him over, the force causing me to fall as well, right on top of him. Just when I wanted to give him a hard punch in the face I felt something weird.

A moment later, a blade pierced my heart, completely shattering my protecting shield. With a stunned face I looked at it. The silver, decorated point was now protruding out of my chest. It was my own blade! I fell on my back and gasped for air while enormous pain went through my body. As I laid on my back, I saw the perpetrator of this filthy crime: the woman I had knocked out earlier. She moved her face in front of mine and said:

"You made a mistake by thinking we weren't aware to what you were planning. Now you experience the consequences and you will stay here to die. Sister."

-----

[A/N]

So? What do you think? Do you have any idea what Amy is up to yet?
Please comment and vote, let us know what you think!

Love Xx.~