CHAPTER 16 - LUCIFER

[short recap] ----->"So no. We will not be going back to take revenge. We will not be going back to demand respect. After all, respect is not demanded, it is earned. Do not become what the leaders made us out to be. Do not give them that satisfaction."

My own words echoed in the silence that followed. Every angel looked up at me. It felt like the cabin which we were standing in had faded somehow, and I could see every angel that was there – and those who were still arriving. I walked out of the cabin to greet those who hadn't been inside yet. It felt like the right thing to do. Even though the cabin was packed the angels made way for me and I managed to walk out without as much as touch any other.

"My dear brothers and sisters, the pattern has changed. Usually we would have lived our lives until it was trough, and then we would have been reborn again. This time however our brother Gabriel managed to recover the truth before it was meant to be out, and therefore everything is different."

"I know you want to go home. So do I. But we have to take in account the thoughts and beliefs of those of our family still up there. We have to be careful before we unleash a war that will destroy both heaven and Earth together."

Suddenly there was a strong gash of wind and the snow whirled up as if there was a mini tornado happening right next to me. I didn't step back, I merely turned to face it. I knew there was nothing to fear.

As the tornado faded a man appeared. I studied his face and looked into his eyes, but I didn't remember his soul. His physical appearance was one of an old man with a stern face, with short, dark grey hair. "Speak, brother. Tell me what is on your mind," I told him. The man gave me an annoyed look as he had already been about to say something. I held back my smile.

He opened up a parchment and read, his voice loud enough for all of us to hear. "Father hereby declares Lucifer to be freed of his accusations. He is to come home in order to finish his trial. Amitiel is to come with him to perform the final say, as she is the one and only angel of truth, the one and only honest judge of heaven. Lucifer is to be taken back home. The pattern he was forced to live by, is now broken."

I shook my head. What the man said sounded weird, too weird. I had been forgiven, just like that? He didn't seem to believe in it himself either. "Father has declared me to be free, you say?" The man didn't respond. Instead, he merely looked at me.

"I personally think this is very strange." I said. "I remember Father's voice, you know. I remember him speaking to me as I fell." The angels around me gasped, and I saw Amitiel stand close by, listening in on my every word, most likely trying to detect a lie. I chuckled, recalling my dream, for I now knew what it was. A memory. "He didn't seem to have such a forgiving nature."

"The funny thing about this is, you know," I continued. "That when I was on trial in heaven a voice spoke. And you made me to believe that this voice was of Father." The angels started to speak in hushed voices.

"However, in my dream, Fathers voice was strong. It was booming. Father's voice is not the voice I heard." The crowd around me started to panic slightly and I raised my voice. "The voice I heard in heaven was not of our leader. It was someone else's, one who made others believe he was Father merely because he has a voice of silk, a voice of music. He has a voice one would expect to belong to a divine being, but he is not. He is an imposter!" The man next to me gasped loudly.

"This is an ab-so-lute outrage!" he said firmly. "Saying our Father is not who he says he is, doubting our father makes your case seem rather bad, my son! I wouldn't be surprised if He revokes his earlier statement of you being free!" I looked at him.

"You say that you wouldn't be surprised if our Father made a mistake? You say it wouldn't be strange if this divine being, if this Creator of all just suddenly changed his mind? Don't you think that would sooner be something an angel – no, something a human would do? Do you mean to say that you, brother, believe that the being you believe to be Father is similar to humans?"