CHAPTER 13 - LUKE

*Short headsup, there will be POV (point of view) switches in this chapter so pay attention!*

APRIL 2015 – LONDON

As I was looking through my physics homework I suddenly heard some noises downstairs. "He's upstairs. Something wrong?" I heard my mother ask. I frowned and stood up to walk to my door right when it barged open.

"You fool! You stupid, stupid fool!"

"What's up Gabe? Hey mate, something wrong?" I asked. He seemed quite shaken, and I had no idea if he had been talking to me or himself when he came in.

"Something wrong? Something wrong?! Oh my... My... DEAR FATHER. I just remembered everything. The way you left, the change back home, the division you created... You changed everything, don't you understand? You dived, and we did too... We followed you. Because we thought you were a LEADER! BECAUSE WE BELIEVED IN YOU!"

I took a step back and frowned at him. "Father? You met your father? Or you found him?" I took another step back and sat in my chair. "And I changed what? Gabe? You're.. scaring me mate. What are you talking about?" I laughed nervously. "Why are you freaking out like this?"

"THIS! This is what I'm talking about. This is what I'm freaking out about." He reached into his pocket and I cringed involuntarily, because for a moment I had been certain he was grabbing for a gun. He seemed mental enough for something like that right now. Wait, why was I thinking something like that? It was Gabe, and mental or not he wouldn't be able to hurt anything bigger than a fly. Instead of a gun he – luckily – took out something else. It was a purple velvet bag. I looked at it and my eyes went wide. Something about that bag, or maybe what was in it, triggered.. Something in my mind in a way I didn't like.

A certain kind of power was radiating from it, and I suddenly heard a very high pitched tone in my ears, searing itself in my brain. I yelled out and fell to my knees, hands clasping my ears. "No... No, you're lying! You're wrong! You're all wrong!" I yelled to no one in particular. The tone became louder. It seemed like I was in a crowded room and everyone was whispering all around me. Suddenly my bedroom started to shake. "Wrong, all wrong! I am not the bad guy here, I am..." the sound of my voice was drowned out by Gabe's melancholic laughter, and somewhere in my mind I vaguely wondered why my mum wasn't coming in to check on us. My glass of water that had been standing on my desk fell on the floor and broke, some books fell out of my closet and my unmade bed was creaking because of how much it swayed.

"Deny the voices all you want brother, I know you can hear them. They're there, and they're telling you the truth. You can't deny your memories! I can see it in your eyes. You know. You remember!" I stayed on my knees, quivering, shaking my head while I looked down.

"No.. No! I am not important in any way, I don't change things, and I am not evil! I am Luke! Just Luke.." I was practically sobbing right now, but that seemed to freak Gabe out even more.

"You are! Face it! You are our leader, the one we gave everything for. And what did we get in return? Huh?!" I didn't react in any way.

"You don't even have enough responsibility to make your own fucking bed! Why you of all people? Why me? Why now? Why this life? And my parents, my fucking good for nothing parents who put me in this life.. Finding them would be useless now, because they didn't put me on this Earth! Not really. Obviously my soul was already here, wasn't it? Ready to get back in another body, ready for another life, just because you made me leave my home. You made me..."

He was gasping for air and I wanted to say something, but Gabe wasn't finished yet.

"We are never going to be allowed back in!" He cried out. "But I will be. I will go back in there and they will see me as a hero because I am the one who is going to lead them to Lucifer, to the head of this useless rebellion!"