CHAPTER 17 - AMITIEL

As discreetly as I could, I walked over to Lucifer, eyeing the open but empty gates.

"What do we do now?" I asked him.

"We have to be careful," he said. "We cannot just storm in and look around for the Lord everywhere, or the imposter, or whatever he is. Maybe it is better if you, our brother here and I go first while the rest waits here, then we won't be with such a big group. We need to find a way to convince the angels that we pose no threat to them. Our brother here will lead us."

I nodded. "His name is Pravuil by the way. He is an archangel who keeps all the records of heaven. Don't you know him?" He should know him, I thought. The Lucifer I remembered from heaven knew everyone.

"Oh yes, alright. And no, I don't remember him," Lucifer said. He chuckled softly. "But I recognize his name." He turned to Pravuil.

"Alright, this is the plan. You will lead us to all the other angels. If we arrive accompanied by you, we won't pose as much of a threat and we might have a chance.

Pravuil nodded slowly. "And the rest of these... Traitors," he said. "They will stay here?" The contempt in his voice was evident.

"Yes, your brothers and sisters will wait here until the coast is clear for us all to go further," Lucifer replied.

"Alright." It wasn't like he had much of a choice, but I felt weary. How would we know we could trust them? Lucifer was so naive sometimes... 

***

GABRIEL

After we had reached the white building the angels had left us in a white room. And when I said white, I meant really white. The walls were completely seemless too, and after walking around for a few times while trying to find an exit I had completely lost the wall which the angels had used to put us in here. The angels had left us and we were still being held here without any sense of time. Jessica was sobbing and talking to herself. She tried to understand what had just happened and what this meant for her. We still hadn't been visited by an angel to interrogate us about what we knew, and I was wondering what was going on. Did they find Lucifer already? Were they sentencing him? What would be his sentence? I never heard of an angel dying, but I also haven't heard that it wasn't possible.

Suddenly I felt a huge wave of guilt go trough me. It would be my fault if Luke were to die. That wasn't what I wanted to accomplish with going to heaven. I needed to get out of this interrogation room and try to find Luke. If I could warn him and maybe bring him with me to heaven I would be able to negotiate with the angels not to harm him. I wanted him to be sentenced for what he did to us, but he was still my best friend and I didn't wish him to die!

Okay, okay Gabe, breathe. It will all be okay. They're not killing him... But what if they would put him in heaven's prison? That would be the equivalent of him being killed! I had to get out of here, right now.

I started studying the walls again, walking past them while touching them, hoping to find a door. Suddenly Jessica spoke up. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to find the exit. I want to get to Luke before they harm him."

Just as I said that, I stumbled and felt myself going cold. I took a step forward and tried to use the wall as a support, but instead of feeling something solid I fell right through it.

"What the... No fucking way." I was so done right now. Seriously? The exit had been the fucking wall itself all this time?!

The exit led to a long hallway. I remembered walking through here to the interrogation room, but I didn't remember where we had come from. The whole hallway was white and had doors and some pillars on both sides, but no other remarkable points to remember. The only way to get out here was to start looking, but we couldn't afford to be caught. At least not both of us.