CHAPTER 15: THE SEARCH IS ON

Thirty mins after Kenzi and Rebekah Left

(Elena's POV)

We were in the car following Klaus's van. Caroline and Tyler were with Klaus. And Bonnie, Matt, and Stefen were with me.

I saw Klaus's van starting to slow down so I did the same. We ended up parking on the curb of this dead freeway.

Klaus got out of his car and following him was Caroline and Tyler. They went in front of their van like they were going to examin something.

I was getting out of the car but Stefan stopped me by grabbing my arm.

" You stay here I'll check it out " He said.

" I can take care of myself " I said demandingly while ripping my arm from his hand.

I got out of the car and slammed the door behind me. Stefan did the same and Bonnie and Matt stayed in the car knowing this was going to get ugly.

" Elena! Elena! " Stefan called out
" Listen I know your upset about Kenzi but we have to be rational about this- "

" Your right I'm upset you left her for dead. " I said interrupting him angrily " Now I'm scared not knowing whether she's dead or alive "

" Don't worry love I doubt she's dead " Klaus said while popping out of no where and scaring the crap out  of me. " If anything my sister has probably tortured her at most. "

" And that's supposed to make me feel better " I said to Klaus.

" It should because at least she's most likely alive. And alive is better than dead sweet heart " Klaus said

" But still being tortured does not sound fun Klaus! " I screamed to Klaus in anger.

" No but I know Kenzi love. She can handle herself, even if it is Rebekah " Klaus said.

" Sorry to break up the fued," Caroline interrupted," But you should come take a look at this. "

Me and Klaus stopped arguing and walked over to the front of his van. There was a car there and right next to it was shoe prints.

" Look here " Caroline said " these footprints lead towards that way. "

" Well what are we waiting for " I said while following the footsteps.

•••••••••••2-3 minutes later ••••••••••

" we're here " I said with a smile

" Where exactly is here? " Caroline asked confusingly.

" Well I don't know about you guys," Matt said " But that looks like a old abandon gas station "

" Maybe it looks better inside " Bonnie said.

So we all walked inside and I looked to my side only to see a dead man laying over the counter.

" Oh my God " Bonnie said while walking in behind me.

Then Stefan walked in and said " I smell blood ".

I look to the other side and see two girls laying dead on the ground.

" Figures my sister would do something like this " Klaus said while again popping out of no where and scaring the crap out of me.

" Hey guys come take a look at this " Caroline said from outside.

We all walked outside to where Caroline and Matt were and saw a trail of what looked like gasoline.

" After killing them my sister must have taken the girls car " Klaus said in an impressed voice.

" And your impressed of this why? " I asked Klaus angrily.

" Because Elena tracking her car is how I found her the first time around. Now she knows better. " Klaus said.

" Well then why are we standing around here for " Caroline said to break the tension " Let's follow this trail and get back are girl "

" She's right " Bonnie said, looking at me " Let's go find Kenzi "