CHAPTER 20: IF ONLY I HAD BEEN THERE

( 3rd POV )

Kenzi looked back only to see the person she was least hopeful for.

It was Rebekah. Rebekah wrapped her hand around Kenzi's neck and lifted her off her feat.

Elena then turned the corner and saw Kenzi just dangling from her feet as Rebekah held her up.

Rebekah looked at Elena and then her vains popped out from under her eyes and she bit into Kenzi's neck. Elena stood there frozen in fear.

Kenzi screamed from the pain and even though it was raining you could still see her tears.

Then Rebekah released her fangs grip and said " goodbye Kenzi "

She then snapped Kenzi's neck and dropped her body to the wet ground.

" No! " Elena screamed.

Rebekah looked at Kenzi's motionless body and then looked up at Elena. Then she vamp sped out of there.

Elena ran up to Kenzi's body and held it in her arms. She sat there just crying and thinking if only I had been there.

Elena sucked up her crying and called Caroline. She said " Care please get over here as soon as possible ".

She tried to lift up Kenzi's body on her own but couldn't. Caroline then arrived and picked up Kenzi's body.

" Take her home " Elena said.

Then Caroline Vamp sped her out of there.

Elena fell to the ground as she cried and saw her hands were covered in Kenzi's blood.

She left to the van, where Matt, Jeremy and Bonnie had been waiting for her, and got in.

They headed to the Gilbert house and the whole way there was filled with complete silence.

Meanwhile as they drove Caroline was at the house aiding to Kenzi.

She started the water in the bathtub and took off Kenzi's pants and shirt.