CHAPTER 17: STILL LOOKING AND HOPING

( Elena's POV )

We've been following this trail for the past 35mins and now we've finally stopped. We stopped at this old bar and Klaus came out of his van.

He told us to stay in the car and he went inside. I didn't want to just stand back and wait so I got out of the car too.

Of course Stefan being Stefan followed and said " Elena get back here. We should listen to Klaus. "

I'm so sick of everyone listening to Klaus so I said " Don't you think you've listened to Klaus enough "

I angirly walked to the front door and opened it. Before I could get in Klaus came out and with him was a body.

" What did you do? " I asked.

" Well love I had to turn him so he could tell me what Rebekah compelled him not to know " He said.

" How do you know she compelled him " I asked

" Because the moment I walked in everyone in there attacked me "

" Well of course they did they probably knew who you are "

Klaus smirked at my comment and said " Well Kenzi didn't attack me when we saw each other again "

I stayed silent thinking of how right he was. I ignored it and Klaus said " We should head back to mystic falls. If I'm right that would be the last place she'd think I look "

I was surprised but also not sure whether to trust him or not.

" So what are we waiting for let's get going " Caroline said, popping her head out of the van.

Me and Klaus looked at each other and then got in our cars. I asked Stefan to drive because I was so tired.

I started to think about Kenzi and what she could be going through.

ZZZZZZZ IN A DREAM ZZZZZZZZ

( 3rd POV )

Elena sat there strapped to a chair and right in front of her was Kenzi.

" Kenzi are you okay " Elena asked while struggling to get herself out.

Before Kenzi could respond Rebekah vamp sped up to Kenzi and said " this is what you get "

Then Rebekah stabbed her hand through Kenzi's chest and ripped out her heart.

Elena screamed in fear and could not stop yelling " No Kenzi! No! No! No"

Rebekah turned around and said " now its your turn "

Elena screamed and then....

ZZZZZZ END OF DREAM ZZZZZZ

( Elena's POV )

I all of a sudden woke up all jumpy and Stefan had to calm me down.

" What is it? " Stefan asked

" Nothing...just a bad dream " I told him.

Then Stefan told me we were here so I got out of the car and saw Caroline there by the van. I went up to her and asked " How's Tyler doing? "

" He's okay " she said " He says he feels great but I'm not sure if he is. "

I rubbed her shoulder and told her
" He's going to be fine "

She looked at me in sadness but then looked up and said " Damon where the Hell have you been! "

My mouth quivered and I ran at Damon and slapped him.

" What the hell! " I yelled " You leave and now you think you can just show up out of no where! "

" I was trying to find out a way to kill Klaus but then I find out he came back to mystic falls. Plus not to mention when I came back I learned that you and everyone else left. " He said back.

" I heard my name. " Klaus said " Well hello there Damon where have you been "

" Places " Damon said with a smirk.

Klaus smiled and then said " There is a cabin in the woods. My family and I built it a long time ago to torture vampires with vervain. If we send someone who Rebekah doesn't know we might be able to save Kenzi. "

" Let's do it " I said