Chapter 12 : Lets be Friends

Neil's POV
I woke with my head vibrating constantly. Weird, headaches give slight pain not vibrations right? I sat up and to my amazement the vibrating stopped. I turned towards the pillow to see it to still viberate slightly. I quickly yanked the pillow to see my phone flashing Anahita's caller ID with her photo I had secretly captured during one of the lectures.

Her head was on the textbook's open pages and breathing evenly with her eyelashes fluttering by the air exhaled.

I grabbed my phone and cleared my throat and swiped my finger on the green area to accept the call.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hii....Neil." She said nervously.

"Anahita" I said to reply something.

There was an awkward silence after that. Then after a few mins I heard her exhale audibly.

"Can we meet somewhere? I need to talk to you." She said and I can only imagine her fidgeting with her fingers.

"Yeah sure. How about the cafe near college?" I asked her nervously.
When did I become such a pussy to be afraid to just ask a girl out?

She is not just a girl, she's Anahita. My subconscious said.
I am thinking of locking it somewhere.

"Sure. Meet you there in 20 mins." With that she hanged up. I sighed. So much for being civilized with me.

I quickly got up and had one of the fastest shower in my bathroom history. Soon I was ready in a blue  skinny jeans, a green and white stripped T-shirt with a red baseball cap on my head turned back.

Within 5 mins after getting in my car I reached the cafeteria. It was a small but airy and comfy looking cafe. They surely did awesome job to make it attractive for atleast the young generation.

I looked around the cafe and soon found the brunette I was looking for. A smile creeped up on my lips just by looking at her. She was wearing a dress all white in colour with a denim jacket on. She had left her hair loose which were framing her face. That's when I noticed she was furiously tapping on her mobile phone with a frown on her face, lips in a thin line and jaw clenched.
Looks like someone is really pissed.

"Hii" I smiled warmly at her.

She looked up and returned the gesture but not wholeheartedly I could tell. She again did something on her phone and kept it aside.

"Should we order?" She asked in a business tone. I frowned but didnt said anything. We ordered, I a hot chocolate and she strawberry milkshake.

"So...what did you wanna talk." I asked taking the sip of my hot chocolate

She too took a sip of her drink, cleared her throat and sat straight with both her hands clasped on the table,"Alright listen up. I am gonna ask you some questions and you are gonna answer them in a yes or a no. Clear?"

My eyes widened on her tone and I just I nodded.

"Good" She frowned but continued nevertheless.

"Did you brought me home?"

"Yes"

"Did you entered in my room?"

"Yes"

"Did you saw were I kept my key?"

"No, actually you told me to-" I was about to explain her but she cutted me off.

"I told you to only tell me a yes or no Neil" she gave me stern expression because of which my mouth directly went to shut down mode.

"Did you saw any canvases?"

"Yes"

"Was there a girl in them?"

"Yes"

"OK so forget about her you haven't seen her. Ever. We will have a deal, if you keep this a secret I will do anything you want or grant one wish of yours." She said in a business tone.

My eyes widen and immediately gears in my mind started rotating to think about something.

I was broken out of my Einstein brain racking session by Anahita's throat clearing, "But dont ask me to do something that brilliant which will cause me to break your teeth. Hope you got the idea?" She looked at me dangerously.

I snorted but didn't even dared to laugh or even let out a chuckle.

Because who wants to die in the hands of a wild angry cat.

The whole time while sipping my coffee many ideas went through my mind but one kept its place intact there.

I looked up to see that Anahita was staring at me with her big brown orbs and a frown on her face.

I exhaled to give my answer a dramatic effect,

"I wanna be friends with you and  let me call you Anahita."