Chapter 23 : The Last shock

Neil's POV
"Story time settle down." My dad announced in his authoritative voice.

Then we all of us settled on the couch and dad scooted closer to mom and was literally making her sit on his lap.

I just rolled my eyes. I swear if you see them you would think they are newly weds.

"Dad let's concentrate on the story." I said admonishingly.

"Alright so it all started in my college days....." I cut him off.

"Dad from when did you became dramatic?" I asked annoyed.

He glared at me which had my mouth sealed permanently.

"Its my story. It will be how I want it to be. Got it." I just nodded.

"So as I was saying it all started in my college days....in the second year a new girl entered and she was the definition of beautiful. I had already started liking her but she only looked at me as a friend. Her name was Sunaina...Sunaina Mehra.

"But I gave up on her when she came and told me that the college hottie Jai Arora had proposed her...so eventually I stopped talking to her since I didn't want her to see me going through my heartbreak which was caused by her which she didn't even knew.

"Soon enough we all graduated and I lost complete contact with her. But two years later when I was handling our company under my dad and talks about me and your mother's marriage were on full swing I got a call of her saying she and Jai were getting married because she was pregnant with his child. I told her I couldn't come because I myself was getting married." He said and sighed. He still looked heartbroken.

"So the child with which she was pregnant must be Akira isn't it?" Mom asked.

"Yeah" Dad said softly to mom while looking at her a ghost of smile on his lips.

Then he continued,"When I and Annie went up we were searching about them since we both didn't know where they are, but when we searched we got to know that they are both no more." He whispered the last part. Even his eyes contained tears which were about to spill.

"So we searched more about them, and got to know that Arora's are not two brothers but three. First Punit Arora i.e Raj's Dad, Second Jai Arora i.e Annie's biological dad and third Nikhil Arora i.e Annie's foster dad and also her uncle. When there dad died all the property was in the name of the biggest brother i.e Punit Arora. But he didn't wanted it as he was busy growing his own business i.e Arora Infrastructure so he transfered everything to his younger brother Jai Arora who at the time in college. But soon enough he took everything in own hands and soon married love of his life." Now dad had started to cry. Tears where freely spilling out.

"Then when Sunaina gave birth to Annie, they both decided to go on a holiday. Just the two of them. They were on their way towards the airport when a truck in front of them lost control and....." He just couldn't finish the sentence and hugged my mother with his head in the crook of her neck.

"She died Gautami, they died and I didn't even knew about this. I was supposed to be her best friend. But here I didn't even knew she was dead all these years. I am the most horrible person ever." Now dad was in hysterics. Mom was hugging him, comforting him.

While looking at dad I felt what would Anahita would be feeling then?

"Dad its OK. Its not your fault." I said to him reassuringly and gave my mom a smile.

"Dad I have to go to see if Anahita is alright. OK. You just relax." I said and ran towards my car.

I drove towards her apartment and saw that her Audi was missing. So I quickly pulled out again and drove directly to the place I know she could be right now.

As soon as I parked I her Audi parked in the bushes. I crossed the bushes and saw the beautiful lake.

And there she was........
sitting hugging her knees just beside the water. Her converses on the side. By the noise of soft whimpers and sniffs I knew she was still crying.

I quietly went and sat beside her and accidentally our thighs touched but she didn't removed it in fact she leaned on me and placed her head on my shoulder. I sighed contentedly.

"Thanks for coming." She whispered just for me to listen.

I liked how this position was. Me sitting here. She being just beside me. I thing I don't need anything else right now.

"Anything for you love."