Chapter 21 : How do they know her?

6 months later

Neil's POV
"Hey Neil wait up!" Anahita yelled.

I smiled to myself and turned back, and there she was standing with a small smile playing on her face.

Today she was seeming to flaunt a casual outfit, she was wearing a pink dress which had white polka dots all over it with her feet in white sneakers.

She walked towards me and stood right in front of me.

"Am I looking good? Are you sure you want me to go?" She asked nervousness evident on her face.

I locked my eyes with her and gave her my best reassuring smile. Trust me I wanted to give her hug but I was restrained by the bounds of our friendship.

"You are looking gorgeous and you know what? You don't have to worry at all. They are gonna love you!" I said while starting to walk and she followed me instantly while walking beside me.

Did I forget to mention that Anahita was coming to meet my parents. Well yes she was!

These past 6 months we got pretty close with each other. She told me almost everything about her and it was same from me. When we were talking I got to know she knew my Dad quite well. She never met him but knew about his business in detail. When I mentioned her at home dad immediately asked for the name of the company and was shocked to know that the presentations which impressed him like nothing else were made by a 18 year old. He didn't waste a single moment to ask me to bring her home to meet them as soon as possible. So today she was coming for lunch at my place.

We were leaving directly after the school. We both made our way towards the most amazingingly superfantaublously worst lecture of our life.

Mr. Shastri 's BK lecture.

I hate that man. Did I mention that before? And if yes, still hear out loud..... I hate that man very passionately. If he would have been given the chance to look after me I would be six feet under ground within seconds.

But fortunately Anahita was in this class, so naturally I was not gonna get bored.

She was sitting cross to me, her right profile in view. She was listening to our professor dutifully. I like to stare at her. Call me a creep! But who wouldn't stare when you have got such a beautiful face to stare.

She has this habit of biting her nails when she is concentrating hard on something and not to forget the cute little frown which appears on her forehead when she is confused or does not agree with something. I like almost everything about her.

In these past 6 months, I have got to know one thing straight that I really liked Anahita a lot. She is really something to behold. I had dated many girls in past, but none of them connected with me the way she did. Since I met her I had not even flirted with anyone let alone date somebody else. I tried to take my mind off of her by trying to go on a date with that chick whose name I forgot, but even that was by some miracle ruined.

Else than that only Genny and Rina are the one's with whom I interacted but let's just say that they are out of count since Rina is already with Chand and Genny is my sister, I mean like a sister.

Reminding of Genny there is a new pair in town guys, yes guessed it right. Genny and Raj.

When Raj announced their relationship we were all in the canteen eating peacefully. But when he said those words particularly, 'I am dating Genny'. I nearly choked on my coke and had a mini heart attack. Chand was shocked with his mouth hanging wide open. Where as Rina and Anahita squealed on top of their lungs and hugged the life out of the newest couple of the college. But I thought Genny didn't like Raj since she was always annoyed by him. When I glanced at her she just blushed. I swear it's difficult to understand girls. I just shooked my head and gave Raj a pointed look and then me being the best brother in the whole universe gave Raj a perfect 1 hour speech about the do's and don'ts which he has to follow while being around Genny. And Chand being the best buddy right now agreed with me while Raj was just glaring at him for supporting me.

I smiled at the memory which mind you is two months old now.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Anahita who was currently standing in front of me with books in her hands. Did the lecture finished?

"Hey are you alright? You kind of zoned out." She chuckled.

I smiled at her and shook my head.
"Nope all good, let's get going. My dad is dying to meet you." I smirked and stood up to get out of the class.

"Well seems like I have an uncanny ability of impressing Khurana men." She smirked right back at me.

"Well I don't know about others but you have definitely impressed me a long time ago." I said looking straight into her brown orbs.

Suddenly she looked away and that's when I realised what I said. Way to make things awkward Neil! I cleared my throat.

"Let's get going I am sure the lunch will be ready." I gave her an awkward smile but didn't made any eye contact with her.

"Yup, I think the same." She said looking directly at me with a smile. Why is she smiling?

Soon we were in my black Range Rover. Since our exams were near the corner of this month we didn't had much lectures one or two per day.

As soon as we reached my house I leaped out and went to her side to open her door. She chuckled and gave me a bow as if she is a Lady and I am a Gentleman. It was pretty weird, we ended up laughing in the driveway.

As soon as I brought near the threshold of the mansion, she gripped my hand tightly. I knew she was nervous. So I just smiled at her reassuringly and squeezed her hand. At this moment she just needed to know that there is someone behind her not any words which can be useless. When I thought she is ready which her face easily told me I opened the door.

We were greeted with my mom's bear hug and dad's frowning face which soon turned into shock. But the next words which left my dad's mouth were more confusing.

"Sunaina is that you?"