Chapter 14 : Investigation

Genny's POV
Its been a week since the canteen incident, where Raj was not feeling well. And that was also the day when Annie and him had become a little distant from us.

Raj doesn't tries to flirt with me, doesn't try to play with my hair, he is kind of always grumpy. As if there is something eating him from inside.

While Annie on the other hand is just ignoring almost everybody. Especially in college. She doesn't even comes for lunch, saying 'I have some work to do.' I even tried to go to her apartment but got to know that she is not there.

When I basically threatened her watchman I got to know that she has changed cher schedule by leaving at morning at around 11:00am obviously for college but returns at 9 or 9:30pm. Sometimes with Raj and sometimes without him.

Now the biggest question was where does she go after 5?

That's when the hero of our story entered. Yes, guys it none other than...
DETECTIVE NEIL KHURANNA

I shared everything I knew or got to know about Raj and Annie in these days. Even he was confused with their newly acquired behaviour. Like Annie was getting quite comfortable with him but suddenly got completely detached from him.

Basically, like me even he needed answers.

***

Neil's POV
"Princess do you really think this is a good idea?" I asked her. I don't think Anahita would like this. Come on who would like people stalking them.

But I can't deny that I was very very curious to know what was going on with Anahita. She has been awfully quite since the day Raj has been sick. And then after Genny telling me about her late night outing I have been more intrigued.

So here we are following her after college. She had drove herself to this business type area, where there is only offices and everything was quite formal.

"Off course it is Neil, now don't you wanna know what's going on with Annie?" Genny said.

"Hmm. I want to. Trust me." I responded.

We have been waiting for her for last hour and a half outside this ten-storey building and she is still inside.

At last what feels like eternity Anahita finally walked out of the building with a man hot on her heels. This man was maybe in his mid-twenties. He was wearing a jeans, a blue button down shirt and a red tie.

They stopped walking just as they reached the gate and talked for a minute or so. Whatever they were talking was pretty serious as Anahita was listening very attentively. As soon as he finished, Anahita immediately settled in her car and left.

That was our cue, me and Genny jumped out of the car and raced towards the man and fortunately we reached near him just before he was entering the building.

"H-hey" Genny called him she was completely breathless.

The man turned around and looked worriedly at her.
"Are you alright miss? Do you have asthma or something? Oh my God! You are having an attack!" He practically yelled.

Before anyone out of us could say anything he had already made Genny sit on the floor and was rubbing her back. She was looking bewildered, and me well I was laughing my ass off.

Genny glared at me and fake coughed to grab the man's attention and he quickly looked at her,"Thanks, but I am fine and no I don't have asthma." she was still breathing heavily.

"Oh" and the man blushed but quickly stood up and gave her a hand to stand. "So how can I help you?" He asked us still a little embarrassed by his behaviour.

I snickered. Come on it was funny!
Genny again glared at me and I made my face blank. Don't wanna get killed. Do we?

"Well we were here to ask you about Anahita Arora. What was she doing here?" I asked perfectly serious now.

"Oh Miss. Arora, yes she came- , one sec who are you? I can't just give her information to anybody." at least he is not much of a fool.

"I am her best friend and he....um...yah he is her boyfriend." Genny exclaimed.

"What!?" I looked at her with shock and horror both evenly mixed that's what my expression was.

"Yes" she said to me as if she was talking to a child and then looked at the man, "So now can we know what's going on? Why was she here?" She asked him.

"I am so sorry Miss but we can't let this information out we are not allowed to reveal it to anybody. She is one of our very old client." He smiled apologetically and entered the building without even giving us a chance to react.

"You heard him, he said 'old client' that means she is been here many times." Genny said with wide eyes.

"Hmm you are right. But what now?" I asked her. She just sighed and massaged her temple.

"Well atleast we got to know one thing it's gonna be really difficult to extract Annie's information." She said with a huff.

I nodded in agreement. And turned to look towards the building and my eyes got stuck on the hoardings displaying the offices in the building.

"Genny does Annie invests in stocks?" I asked Genny as there is a Finance office in this building.

"What? No why would she do that! She still has to complete her education." She said with an brow raised. I just pointed towards the hoardings and she got the hint.

There were finance offices, a lawyer's office, a psychiatrist's clinic, an obgyn's clinic, etc. in this building. Hmm.

There was even an obgyn here maybe,
"Can she be pregnant you know like maybe....." I said with a disgruntled face. Because I don't know why but her being with some other guy just doesn't felt good to me.

"Oh god this is just to much! Are you freaking insane or something." Genny exclaimed.

"Hey I was just asking....maybe it was not the best gusee but still a guess." I said playfully.

"OK I am 100% positive. You have completely lost it." She said with an eye roll.

"Alright can we go now, I don't think we are gonna be getting anything here." I sighed.

"Yup. Let's go at my place we will further discuss our plan there, this thinking is giving me a headache." She said too overdramatically.

I just sighed and shook my head.
"OK princess let's get you to the castle. Shall we?" I asked and she giggled and settled herself in my car.

But one question still lingering in my mind......
Were would she have been?