Chapter 22 : Does that mean...

Neil's POV
As soon as those words left my dad's mouth we were all looking at him with confused eyes. I looked at Anahita and then back at my dad.

"Dad what are you talking about ?"I asked him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and gave me a more confused look and suddenly turned towards Anahita, "Sorry sweetheart didn't mean to scare you, I just thought that you were someone else." He said while giving her small smile.

"Its okay Mr Khurana I am not at all offended." She said smiling back at him.

After looking at each other awkwardly for a minute or two the atmosphere was becoming more and more denser. But as usual my mom being the mood lifter piped in.

"How about settling in the dining room? Lunch will be getting cold. now."

We all readily agreed, and went in the dining room.

As soon as we got settled down on the table our maids started serving the French delicacies in our plates.

I heard a moan and snapped my head towards the source and saw Anahita's eyes closed and her face showing how relaxed she is right now.

I chuckled which I guess caught her attention because she was looking at me questioningly I just shook my head and smiled.

After lunch we all went and sat again on the couch in the living room.

"So Mr. Khurana why did you think that I was this Sunaina?" Anahita asked my dad with her business tone with no nonsense stare.

I think this is the first time I saw my Dad nervous! He was looking anywhere but at her.

"Um..she...uh....was...just a friend." He stuttered. And I swear I saw a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead. Like me even mom was looking amused.

I took a soft drink from the coffee table were glasses for all were kept and had just taken a sip...
"Sweetie he means to say is that Sunaina was his former crush" my mom said and I started choking on my drink with widened eyes.

I saw dad giving mom a glare whereas mom was trying to stifle her laugh. Then I glanced at a Anahita where she was mirroring my actions but she composed herself immediately.

"So I look like your crush?" She asked my dad.

And guys this was the time when my dad BLUSHED! HE BLOODY BLUSHED!

"Yes, you look exactly like her." He said with head cast down.

"One second do you mean I...." She was saying something when dad cut her off.

"Yes I think so. After all she married a Arora." He said but this time there was bitterness in his voice.

"But I have never heard about any person named Sunaina in my family." She said looking confused.

"That's impossible she married Jai Arora." Dad countered.

"But I have never even heard about him." Anahita recountered.

Then everything was quite. No one knew what to say because Anahita and dad were looking at each other as if talking with their eyes and mom and me, let's just say we were completely and utterly confused.

Suddenly Anahita stood up and looked at me.

"Can I use your laptop?" She asked me I nodded and was about to stand up to lead her to my room when dad stopped me.

"Its OK son I will take her. Anyway we need to talk." He said and stood up leading her towards the stairs and within a few seconds they were out of sight.

"Now what shall we do." My mom asked me and I teared my gaze from the staircase to look at her.

"Let's cook dinner mom." I sighed and followed mom in the kitchen.

After helping mom for about two hours without saying anything since I was busy thinking about what's going on upstairs I finally spoke.

"What are they doing up there so long mom?" I asked frustrated.

"They are planning your wedding sweetheart." She said smiling sarcastically and rolled her eyes at my blank look.

"How would I know Neil? I am too here. Down. With you. Even I am getting killed due to the curiosity now." She said and sighed.

Then we headed out and had just reached near the couch, we heard steps coming down and I saw dad having his arm around Anahita's shoulder and she was sniffling and rubbing her eyes harshly to stop her tears.

I quickly ran towards her and grabbed her shoulders to make her look at me, "Hey, are you alright? Why are you crying love?" And engulfed her in a hug.

She didn't hug me back just remained numb. After a few minutes I released her but still she had a blank face.

"I need to go" she said her voice was hoarse.

"Come I will get you to your house." I said in a soft voice.

"No, its fine I have called my driver he will be here with the car." She said glancing at me once.

I was about to protest when dad shook his head from behind her. So I didn't said anything and just nodded.

Soon enough Anahita's driver arrived and she was about go when I grabbed her and embraced her once again.

"If you need anything and I mean anything you just have to call me. Got it." I said looking her in the eye. Her eyes were now completely focused on me. But she just nodded with her blank face which was not giving any clue of her emotions.

As soon as she drove off I went inside and said the most obvious thing a person would say in this situation.

"What the hell just happened?"