Game On

Paris' POV:

We arrived at the go-kart place and before we got out the car, Ronni looked at me, giving me this evil grin.

" What? " I chuckled.

" Don't get mad when you lose, my nigga. " he got out of the car.

" You know what, let's make a bet! If I win, I get one night with you. " I started.

" That's some bull, but I'll bet you that. If I win......well, I don't know. " he shrugged.

" We shall see. "

We walked into the building and got situated. The race was about to start before he looked back at me, saying 'eat my dust.' I laughed, turning my attention to the stoplight. Red.......red......red.....green. We both sped off onto the raceway. At first, he was winning but I quickly stole first when he wrecked at the corner ahead. I laughed, continuing to keep my head forward. Right curve, left curve, straight. I look beside me and he was quickly gaining in on me. The finish line wasn't too far ahead, so I have to think quickly. I steered my kart in front of him, blocking him from passing me in any way. He goes left, I go left. He goes right, I go right. The finish line quickly met the front of my kart, and I held my hand in the air. Victory is sweet.

" Alright, I'll give you that one. Can't say I couldn't beat you, though. " he chuckled.

" Yeah, you right. " I high-fived him. I looked at my phone and it was 7:58. " Kinda' late, and I know you don't feel like cooking, so you wanna' eat? "

" Sure, but I can........ "

" Shh, I gotchu'. " I interrupted him. He gave me a stank face and that made me smile.

I walked to the counter, ordering our food. We quickly received it, going to sit down at one of the picnic tables.

" Thank you. " he said.

" You deserve it. " I winked. I took a sip out of my drink.

" So, you won the bet. " he sighed.

" I'm not like that, bruh. " I chuckled. " I mean, I respect you. You're a different breed, and I wouldn't violate you like that. Devin is a lucky guy, and that's the least I can say. I can go on and on about you. Your eyes, the way you dress, your intelligence? You're smart, funny, everything that I could ever ask for. "

" Stop, you're making me blush. " he held his hand up. " I mean, I don't know. I really don't wanna' talk about it, but I feel that I can almost trust you. "

" Is that good or bad? " I smiled, faintly.

" I guess that's good. " he replied and I nodded.

" So, what's on your mind? " I asked.

" Well, Devin hasn't been acting like......Devin. When I first got back, it was all good, but as time goes on, we're becoming more distand. After that night... " he shook his head.

" Baby boy, pick your head up. It's going to be alright. " I pulled his head up by his chin, wiping the tear that rolled down his cheek.

" I haven't even told my best friend about this yet. I've just been harboring the feelings inside. I'm sorry. " he apologized.

" Don't be sorry, Ron. I'm here for you. "

Devin's POV:

This was my third time coming back to his dorm today, and he's not answering. I hear conversation and laughter coming from the entrance to the hallway, and soon enough, Ronni comes walking with that nigga, Paris.

" Yo', where the fuck you been? " I was impatient.

" Wait a minute, don't curse at me, please? We were out, just having some fun. " he pleaded.

" Doing what? I don't trust this whack ass nigga. " I pointed.

" Whack? Shit, you're describing yourself. " he mumbled.

" What the fuck you say? " I grabbed him by his shirt, throwing him against the wall.

" Devin, stop! Foreal, stop! " Ronni yelled. I let him go as he chuckled, unlocking the dorm door. " What the fuck has gotten into you? You don't answer my calls, nor texts, and you all-of-a-sudden show up at my door? "

" I'm sorry, but I can't take you serious right now. You choosing this nigga over me? "

" Did I tell you that? You know that if I was feeling some type of way about us, I would fucking tell you. Now I'm starting to get suspicious. " he nodded.

" Suspicious about what? "

" Devin, we've never had to argue about anything of this sort. " he was right! Every other dude he's been around, or brought up never struck my nerves. " We're growing apart. "

" Ronni, don't do this. " I shook my head.

" I can't deal with it Devin. I have a little fight left, and I'm warning you. If you really love me, fix it. "