Old Friends

Danielle's POV:

" Bitch, I'm going to miss ya'll. " I pouted.

" Girl, we'll only be gone for two weeks. I would let you guys tag along, but I won't even be home. " Ronni replied.

" But you'll be all the way in Massachusetts? That's a long ass way from here. " Aaliyah added and I nodded.

" Trust, I will be back. " he chuckled. He zipped his last suitcase up.

Just then, the door swung open and Paris walked over to his bed, sitting down. He greeted us, and returned back to what he was doing. A few minutes later, I guess he realized what was going on and he spoke.

" Wait, where you going? " he asked, walking over to Ronni's bed.

" I told you, to my father's school reunion. " he replied.

" But you promised me that you would be back by the time I started basketball? "

" And I'm keeping my promise, I'll be back, boy. " Ronni replied and Paris nodded.

" So, you're leaving me by myself? "

" What, you're not going anywhere? " Aaliyah asked.

" I am, but I want to be with Ronni. " he pouted.

" Wait, I think I'm sensing something. Are ya'll talking? " I looked at both of them and the stupid looks on their faces. " Bitch, don't lie? "

" We're talking. " they said in unison.

" Ya'll are some fuck boys, just don't tell anybody. " I shook my head.

Ronni's POV:

I was awoken by my mother. She was telling me that it was time to get off the plane and go to the hotel. They set aside a hotel for all of the people who would be attending. We grabbed our things, leaving the airport and heading to the hotel.

" I'm so excited. " my father exclaimed. I just laid in my bed, gathering my thoughts.

" What's wrong, sweety? " my mother asked me, rubbing my chin.

" I have to share a room with the two of ya'll. " I whined and she lightly punched me.

" Suck it the hell up. " my father demanded. " You need to get up anyways, my boy. We're going to lunch soon. "

" With who? " I sat up.

" My colleagues, and again, get the hell up. " he picked me up and I began to laugh.

" Dad, put me down! " I forgot how strong he was.

" Ya'll better stop playing, I ain't paying for anything that gets broken, including body parts. " my mother said, scrolling through the channels.

My father put me down and I got ready for the lunch. Everyone was expected to wear all white, so that's what I put on. A white button down, white shorts, and white vans. I slipped on my gold watch, and we were ready to go. We pulled up to the venue, and walked inside, looking at the seating chart. We would be sitting right next to his friend, Dr. Jamison. I just got rid of that bitch, why do I have to see her again?

We sat down, and Dr. Jamison wasn't too far behind us. Megan sat down, looking me up and down. I gave her a smile, she can't take me. My smile faded as I watched Paris sit down at their table. I shook my head, and he couldn't even look me in my face. I looked at the stage, watching the man walk up and introduce himself.

" Hello, everyone? " he greeted as we all replied. " Welcome to your class reunion. Class of 99', I see Jamison and his lovely daughter. Thomas and the Mrs. Damn, Ronni? "

" Aye, watch yourself? " my father warned as everyone laughed.

" I see Yeldon, and his five kids. Theresa, hey girl! " he continued to point out a few faces before we got started.

I walked up to the buffet, fixing me a plate. I was interrupted by Paris standing next to me. I looked him up and down, trying to continue on but he blocked me.

" Ronni, I can explain. " he started.

" Paris, I don't want to hear it. " I lightly pushed him out the way, going to the lasagna.

" We're cousins, that's all! Her dad takes care of me because my mother abandoned me. " he confessed. I felt bad for him, but I couldn't just let him slide.

" How do I know that you're telling the truth? "

" Ronni, you know I wouldn't lie to you, especially about that. " I sighed, looking in those pretty eyes. " I'm sorry, and I promise it won't happen again. "

" Alright, Paris. " I continued to fix my food.

" Can I get a kiss? " I turned around quickly.

" Boy, you gotta' death wish? My father is here, and..."

I was interrupted by his lips, giving me a quick peck. He smiled, showing me those pearly whites. I looked around, seeing that not one person paid attention to us.

" You got lucky. " I chuckled.