7

Emily tossed and fidgeted around on Calum's bed. Calum woke up an noticed a distressed expression on her sleeping face as she wriggled around. He frowned and placed his hand on her hip bringing her closer to him and drawing patterns on her hip noticing her relax before opening her eyes. She looked up at Calum was brushed hair out of her face.
"Morning" Calum said in his low morning voice which made Emily's heart melt a little.
"Morning" Emily replied swallowing hard. She felt Calum's fingers brush against her hip again causing butterflies to erupt in her stomach. She felt like she was 18 again. She hadn't felt butterflies in a long time.
"Why am I at your house?" Emily frowned suddenly taking in her setting.
"Because you got drunk and you could hardly walk" Calum answered watching her as she sat up in bed and looked around the large bedroom. The double bed was in the centre, a wardrobe wall  to the right of the bed, a mirror and dresser next to the window, two bedside tables both sides of the bed. It was all brown and white. It was sleek and it looked expensive.
"Not the first time you've taken a drunk girl home aye, Hood?" Emily teased looking down at him as he looked up at her and smiled. Emily rubbed over her face as the headache started to hit her.
"Hey you know what?" Calum asked making Emily look at him "you need to drink tomato juice" Calum said making Emily grin at him.
"You're an idiot" Emily laughed a little thinking back to their first conversation. 

Emily was sitting in next to Holly in chemistry class. There teacher was calling out names of pairs for projects.
"Calum and Emily"
Emily froze. You have to be kidding me. Emily thought to herself. She couldn't think of anyone worse to go with than Calum Hood.
Before she knew it Calum was sitting next to her. He looked rough and so hungover.
Emily smiled to herself as she remembered who he had spent last night with.
The papers for the assignment were handed out and the pair sat in silence as everyone else talked.
Calum groaned and put his head on the table making Emily laugh.
"Tomato juice" she said making Calum look up at her with a frown.
"What?" He questioned
"You should drink tomato juice or eat a banana, they are hangover cures" Emily said not looking at him. Calum smirked at her.
"How do you know I'm hungover?"
Emily looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "It's a Monday morning and you're Calum Hood of course you're hung over"
Calum looked at the brown haired girl that was known as the attractive nerd, not that she knew that she had a label.
"You don't even know me"
"I don't have to" Emily replied back with a small smirk.
"Well Em, you're going to be seeing a lot of me" Calum said looking at her directly in the eyes.
"Don't call me Em, you aren't my friend and don't get any ideas"

"How do you even remember that conversation?" Emily asked frowning at him a little "you've had so much in your life why remember that"
"I don't know" Calum shrugged "it was obviously a key moment in my life"
"I'm flattered" Emily sighed before her eyes widened "shit"
"What?" Calum asked at her sudden outburst.
"I have work" Emily said before scrambling out of the covers. She stood up wobbling a little due to the alcohol still in her body and the hungover.
"You're an idiot" Calum mumbled before rolling out of bed
"Only for you" Emily said with a sweet smile before she pulled last nights dress up and pulled Calum's t-shirt off. Calum left to call her a cab down stairs. Emily throw her hair up into a ponytail before grabbing her purse, with her phone in from the bedside table. She walked downstairs, nothing that they were glass.
"I called you a cab" Calum said leaning against the kitchen door frame as Emily stood in front of the front door.
"Thanks" she smiled at him before noticing the view in the living room. She walked down the hall and straight into the living room before walking to the window.
"This is a nice view" Emily stated starring out at the city making Calum stare at her in amusement.
"Still got a thing for views then?" Calum asked watching her from behind the sofa. Emily turned around to look at him with a smile.
"I'll always have a thing for views" Emily stated before turning around and walking over to him.
Calum looked down at her staring  into her eyes.
"I've missed you" Calum whispered catching Emily by surprised. Emily looked away and took a deep breath.
"Calum don't" Emily begged him.
"Don't what?" Calum asked making her look up at him.
"Don't do this" Emily whispered
"You don't get it Em. It's been four years but somehow every girl I've met or tried to date they never compared to you. They never live up to it. I fell in love with you and I never fell out of that. Not even when I moved across the world" Calum blurted out with frustration in his voice.
"I said don't" Emily hissed looking away from him.
"You told me you would wait" Calum whispered
"I did!" Emily shouted catching Calum by surprise "but you never showed up"
"I'm here now" Calum insists
"You don't get it Calum. I was excepting you to come back after your breakthrough but you never did. You left and didn't return. I said I'd wait, just not how long for"
"Why did you let me go? If I meant that much to you" Calum asked
"What was I supposed to do Calum?! You're living your dream. I wasn't going to beg you to stay"
"Why not?" Calum questioned
"Because I know you would've and I'd never forgive myself for being so selfish" Emily answered quietly. "I thought you came back when I saw you at my mums funeral but I looked for you after you left. Why did you do that? At a time I needed you, you left" Emily asked looking up at Calum with slightly watery eyes.
"Because I had to get on a plane the next day. I wouldn't have been able to leave" Calum answered truthfully. Emily just nodded her head and looked down at the floor.
"I should probably go" Emily mumbled
"So that's it?" Calum asked "you're just going to leave?"
Emily chuckled at him slightly "it sucks doesn't it? When someone leaves and you don't know when you're going to see them again"
"Why are you making me seem so selfish?" Calum asked as she started to walk towards the front door.
"You weren't selfish. I let you go because I loved you" Emily paused "I still love you, it's just different now"
She walked towards the front door and slipped on her heels before opening it.
"See you around, I guess" Emily gave him a sad smile before walking out the door and closing it behind her.

**
Emily paid the cab driver before stepping out of the car and walking into the photography studio.
"Ah hello!" Jake greets before taking him her appearance "are you still in last nights clothes?"
"Yes" Emily sighed "is Holly here?"
"Yeah she's with Parker out the back" Jake said frowning at Emily a little "why do you look like you're about to cry?"
Emily didn't answer before she walked through to the 'staff room' where she and Jake would hang when there was nothing to do. It had a sofa and coffee table with a small kitchen area.
"Hey" Holly greeted with a smile which soon disappeared when she was Emily's expression. She stood up from the floor and looked at her best friend.
"I may have done something stupid" Emily said trying not to let her emotions get the better of her.
"What did you do?" Holly asked with worry in her voice.
"I told Calum is still loved him" Emily sighed closing her eyes. Holly's eyes widened.
"Wait did you stay at his last night?" Holly asked making Emily nod "oh my god Em"
"I know" Emily whispered shaking her head.
"Why did you tell him that you still loved him?" Holly asked
"Because I do!" Emily sobbed a little "and it sucks because I thought I was over him. But then he was brought up more then suddenly he was in front of me and I felt like all the air had been sucked out of me. My heart skipped a beat and I tried not to cry. I keep coming across these memories with him. I have to remind myself that I waited long enough for him and that I should move on but I can't help thinking that maybe I didn't wait long enough. I still look at him and get the same feeling I got when we were together. I haven't felt that feeling in a long time"
"But what about Rob?" Holly asked looking at her friend confused.
"I don't know" Emily whispered "He doesn't even look at me anymore. He's never around. It's like living with a ghost. He comes home late and leaves early. He cancels plans and doesn't call back. What am I supposed to think?"

**
"You're totally fucked" Jennifer said poking her head around the kitchen door after Emily had left.
"What?" Calum asked
"You're totally fucked" Jennifer repeated
"Why?" Calum asked walking into the kitchen.
"She's in a relationship" Jennifer states "and you're still in love with her"
"It doesn't matter anymore" Calum sighed "I'm too late"
"Maybe" Jennifer shrugged "but you've both waited for the sweet reunion for so long maybe you aren't too late maybe you just to prove to her that you're better. After all time is a man made concept. We invented it to plan our days. You can't technically be late"
"I thought I was over her" Calum sighed
"No you didn't" Jennifer rolled her eyes "every hook up you've had you wanted nothing more than it to be her"
"How could you possibly know that?"
"Because you never fell out of love with her. It just happened at the wrong time" Jennifer said "and if you love someone you don't just stop thinking about them"
"I guess" Calum mumbled
"Tell me" Jennifer said leaning on the counter looking at Calum "how hard was she to get?"
"It's hard to say. She wasn't easy but I guess we got to know each other before anything happened" Calum answered
"How much shit did you put her through?"
"A lot" Calum nodded
"Did she cry in front of you?"
"Yes"
"How much did you fight?"
"A fair amount. Why are you asking me this?"
"Because love is seeing someone at there physical and mental worst and still thinking they are the most beautiful thing on the planet. She stuck by you and you clearly had an connection. Maybe it's just adjusting the cables to get the connection back"

_________
Oh another update you lucky people.
Let me know what you think!
Do you like Jennifer?
How are you feeling about Calum and Emily? Emily and Rob?

Story of another us // Calum Hood #book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें