30

Emily walked the entrance of the hospital, that she hadn't left in 34 hours. She saw Calum coming towards her and suddenly she felt a sense of relief. She needed a little bit of backbone right now. Calum had insisted on coming home a week early due to this event. Emily said that he didn't have to but she wanted him to - not that she told him that. 

"Hey" Calum said as he approached Emily. She looked tired and sad. Calum didn't really know how to deal or approach this one of situation. 

"Hi" Emily said quietly making Calum sigh a little and bring her into his embrace. Emily happily lent into him, needing a little bit of strength. She was exhausted. Sleeping in hospitals was never easy. 

"How is he?" Calum asked as Emily pulled away from the hug and looked up at Calum. 

"Well he is " Emily paused "He's okay" 

Calum just nodded before he followed Emily to the ward that Tommy was being kept on. Emily didn't feel like talking, an thankfully Calum got that message and stayed silent. He didn't have that many questions to ask anyway. He just knew that Emily would more than likely need support. After all Tommy was really all she had left. 

Calum walked into Tommy's room where he was sitting up in his hospital bed starring at the white wall. Hours before he had been told that his best friend had died in the accident and hadn't spoken a word since. He wasn't very good at loss, and he could be to blame for this loss. His best friend. Tommy didn't remember what happened, it all happened so quickly. They were just kids, kids having fun. They weren't drunk, or high. They were just out driving around. Creating what were thought to be harmless memories. 

"Hey Tommy" Calum said looking at the young boy with stitches in his face and bruises covering his body. Tommy didn't reply, nor did he even look in the direction of Calum. Calum wasn't offended. He couldn't begin to imagine what it would be like to lose one of his best friends. 

Emily heard the sound of her fathers voice outside talking tot he doctor and sighed closing her eyes before she walked towards the door and out of it. Calum just sat in the seat and scrolled through his twitter timeline. 

"Emily" The doctor said as she walked out of the room to see her father and the doctor. "We found traces of drugs in Tommy's results" 

"Rig-" Emily started but her father interrupted her. 

"We're sending him to rehab" Her dad said making Emily frown at him. 

"What?" Emily asked, she was to tired for this. 

"Well your father thinks that rehab is an option" 

"No" Emily said shaking her head "No we are not sending him to rehab" 

"He is using drugs Emily" Her dad said starring at her. Emily scoffed a little at him. 

"Yeah like half the cities teenage boys" Emily said not really believing herself that she was defending drug use. "He isn't addicted" 

"So you knew he was using drugs?" Her father asked anger beginning to show in his eyes. That was the thing with her dad, he got anger very fast. 

"Not exactly" Emily shrugged "I just. Rehab shouldn't be considered" 

"I want him sent to rehab" Her dad said his voice raising his voice a little making the Doctor glare a little at him. 

"You are not sending him to rehab" Emily said crossing her arms in front of her. 

"Emily you don't know the first thing about this" 

"He isn't addicted to drugs" Emily stated, sighing a little. "It's pointless. Rehab isn't going to straighten him out of phase"