18

"You could stay one more day" Calum said from the kitchen table. Emily sighed and looked over at him.

"You know I can't" Emily said as she bit her lip. She wanted nothing more than to stay in LA with Calum. She had grown to love LA. She never thought that she would ever visit America but here she was. "I have a life I need to get back to"

"Yeah but I'm here" Calum said running his hand through his hair. Emily crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked over at him.

"We've been over this" Emily sighed making Calum groan.

"I know but"

"But what Calum?" Emily asked annoyance in her voice as they had already been over this. Emily had to go back home because that's where her job was, and her family. That's where she belonged.

"It just seems like you want to go home" Calum mumbled a little making Emily roll her eyes at him.

"I have to go back home" Emily stated "I've spent a month here"

"You could just stay" Calum shrugged making Emily huff through her nose, because he wasn't helping.

"No I can't just stay Calum" Emily snapped "Anyway you're going on tour, why would I want to be alone here?"

"You could come on tour" Calum insisted. He knew that Emily was going to get annoyed, then they would probably have an argument, then after a few moments they would be fine.

"No I can't" Emily shouted laughing a little at him "Why don't you understand that I'm a normal person Calum, I have a job to get back to. Not everyone lives on the cloud of fame and relaxation"

"I'm job is far from relaxing" Calum scoffed shaking his head at her. Emily just shrugged at him and walked out of the kitchen making Calum groan in frustration. It had been like this for as long as Emily had been staying with him. They were like a married couple. All they seem to do is fight, have sex and laugh at one another. Of course it wasn't all bad but they both knew that their relationship wasn't going to be like high school. They were adults now, and they had completely different lives. It wasn't going to be easy, their relationship never was easy. They knew that if they wanted this to work, they had to work at it constantly. That's what scared Calum, how were they supposed to work at it on different sides of the world.

Calum stood up and followed Emily into the bedroom. She was finishing packing her things into the suitcase.

"Can you just stay?" Calum asked making Emily groan.

"No" She stated not looking at him "Can you just stop begging me?"

"No" Calum huffed leaning against the door frame.

"You can just come back to Austrilla after you finish the tour, it's only six weeks" Emily said glancing over her shoulder at Calum. "It's not long"

"If it isn't long why can't you just stay?" Calum asked smirking a little at her as she rolled her eyes at him.

"It isn't that simple Calum" Emily sighed tucking her hair behind her ears as she zipped up the suitcase. She turned around to face Calum who was pouting at her. She sighed her shoulders going up and down as she did so. "Don't look at me like that"

"Like what?" Calum asked lifting his head off the door frame.

"Like a child who hasn't got his own way" Emily stated emotionless making Calum chuckle a little.

"Can we at least stay up late and talk?" Calum asked making Emily nod at him. It was already getting late. Around 9pm. Emily walked out of the bedroom mumbling something about tea while Calum grabbed blankets from the cupboards. He walked back into the bedroom and unlocked the kitchen door.