31

"Ready?" Michael asked looking at his three band mates, before at the shots lined up in front of him. The three boys nodded. "3,2..1" Michael continued before all four of them picked up their first shot glass and slammed it back on the table as they tipped the straight vodka down their throats. They picked up their second, third and it wasn't long until the fourth shot glasses were slammed onto the wooden table. 

"That was a bad idea" Luke said screwing his nose up at the after taste left in his mouth. Calum chuckled a little before he picked up a beer and glanced around the room. 

It was a celebration party, for them. Their album had sold over 1 million copies world wide. It did mean that Calum and Emily had to fly back to LA which Emily wasn't happy about because she had to leave Tommy. 

"You could at least look like you want to be here" Holly commented as her and Emily sat at the bar in the venue of the party. They still were new to the scene of the friends of their boy friends - they seemed to have a lot. Although maybe they weren't friends like did they all have each others backs? But they socialized with a lot of people. 

"I don't want to be here" Emily said dryly as she traced her finger around the rim of her wine glass. 

"I think I'm going to go and get Michael to introduce me to people. You coming?" Holly asked looking at Emily who sat on the high bar stool with her left arm propping her up on the bar as she lent over her drink a little. 

"No" Emily replied making Holly roll her eyes at her best friend before hopping off her stool and walking over to her boyfriend. 

"Hey" Michael slurred a little as Holly came over to the group of friends who surrounded the band. 

"Hi" Holly nodded in reply as he opened his arm for her to stand next to him, before wrapping it around her. Michael went around and introduced her to the girls who she'd never met before. 

"Where's Em?" Bryana asked looking at Holly as they sat at a table. 

"Yeah where is she?" Ashton frowned a little. 

"Being miserable" Holly answered rolling her eyes a little because she was fed up with Emily's mood. No one could fix what happened and nothing can be done about it. Her brother was fine. 

"She should try and enjoy herself" Bryana said with a small smile as she glanced around the venue in search for Emily. 

"She's won't try" Calum stated "Just leave her to be moody" 

"Dude" Luke said shaking his head at Calum. "You dragged her here but you won't even go and see if she's okay?" 

"She's fine" Calum shrugged before sipping on his drink. Luke raised his eyebrows at him a little in disbelief but decided to leave the situation alone because it wasn't his business. 

"Let's do more shots!" Michael shouted making everyone cheer in agreement. 

**

Emily watched from her same spot at the bar as everyone mingled and socialize with one another. She watched as Holly made new friends, which was something she had always been good at. Emily was the shy friend who was supposedly the 'attractive' one not that she would ever see herself as attractive not even in the slightest. Sure sometimes she felt good and thought she looked good but she never considered herself as beautiful or attractive. Holly had always been a social bee. She loved parties and meeting new people. She was good at making friends, and she always had more than Emily. Emily simply got more attention because of what she looked like, but Holly on her own she did just fine. She could keep up a conversation and make people laugh. Holly was confident around new people or people in general.