Chapter 20

Damien Christ POV (Grandpapa)

As I entered the ward room, my heard broke at the scene. Before my eyes, lay my sleeping granddaughter. My heart ached of how much pain she must have been. Next to her was the one who holds her heart.

All the way here, I wanted to be angry at her for what happened. I had millions things to say to her. But now, all those things gone as I witnessed she hold Yasmine's hand, sobbing. This girl turned her gazed to me, afraid is written all over her face.

"Grandpapa?" a voice call me. I turned to see Lucas, holding two cups of coffee. "Lulu," he handed a cup to this girl and hugged me. "I'm so glad you came," Lucas said. He pulled away and waved the girl to meet me.

"Grandpapa, this is Cara. Yasmine's girlfriend," he introduced and she offered her hand. I shook it. I can feel she's nervous. "I'm Damien. Just call me grandpapa," "I'm Cara," I smiled. I am happy Yasmine finally found a person to replace Nadia. I'm glad .......

Cara's POV

Meeting Yasmine's grandfather was nerve wrecking. He's so serious. Now I know where Natasha stoic expression comes from. Yasmine was happy when she woke up to see her grandpapa talking to me. His face changed to happiness when he saw Yasmine smiling face.

"Grandpapa, you have been single for years. You should find a lady to be with you," Yasmine joked, earning a full laughter from her grandfather. "Princess, I'm old. No one would be caught dead to be with me," but before Yasmine could say anything, Natasha burst door opened, anger was visible.

"You, come with me," she glared through my soul. Yasmine caught my hand. "What are you doing?" Yasmine's voice cracked but she still keeps her eyes at her older sister. "Baby its ok. It will be a minute or two. Stay here with grandpapa and Lucas. I'll be right back," I assured her and kiss her cheek.

She nodded and let me go. I walked towards Natasha and follow her outside. She led me to a seat, where I can Harry and his men guarding the whole hall. "I know who tried to kill Yasmine," she started. "It's your friend, Kendall," I was about to say something but she cut me off.

"Look, she's lucky it's not grandpapa who handle this, I am. And since I'm in a good mood today, I'll let the police handle this," "I never knew Kendall be that crazy," I managed to say. "I'll handle the police. You take care of my sister. And you really need to take a shower. I can smell you mile away. I'll ask Harry to bring extra clothes," she stands up and took out her phone.

"Since grandpapa is here, get to know him. He might be a crime lord, but he's a great man. And I cancel every photo shoot that includes you. You will be working again after my sister recovered," I nodded. She gave me a soft smiled and walked away.

As I turning the door knob, I see Lucas, Yasmine and their grandfather talking animatedly. My mind went back to Tasha's word. Crime lord. He's a criminal? No wonder he's so intimidating. "Cara babe, come join us," I smiled at Yasmine.

I took a seat and looked at all of them. "So, what are you all talking about?" "I should ask the same thing about you and Natasha," Yasmine counter the question back. "She knows who the shooter is. That's all," "What will Tasha do?" grandpapa asked me. "She said she's letting the police handle it," he nodded.

"That's weird. Usually she will let grandpapa deal with it. What gives?" Lucas said. Grandpapa cleared his throat. "Tasha knows what she's doing. Let her be," we all nodded. Grandpapa look at his watch. "Oh. I have to go. I have things to do," he said and kissed both his grandkids.