Chapter 8

----

That same day as Brendon came back I felt different. I felt somewhat joyful, more than I had been in awhile now. Me and Brendon drove separately back to his house where we would pick up where we left off, and catch up on things that we both missed.

He stood there on his porch trying to get the key to open the door while I stood behind him.

"It's been so long." I spoke quietly taking in the fact that the pain was over. The ache in my heart was gone, the empty space in my life where he use to be was re filled. The happiness that I once had was back to bring me back to life.

"I can't believe it's been this long." He laughed as the door clicked open, he opened it for me letting me walk in first. Brendon followed behind me. Nothing much has changed about the house except above the piano in the corner of the music room was a portrait of Frank Sinatra. All the pictures of me and him that use to be hung on his walls were gone, empty spaces where they use to be hung.

Brendon must've noticed where I was looking. "I guess we will have to start fresh on all the pictures." He looked down awkwardly.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"You know what I still have though?" A smile rose to his face so fast. That genuine smile that I had missed so very much.

I tilted my head at his statement in confusion.

"Follow me!" He then took off into the closet where the attic stairs were. I followed him up the narrow stairs of the attic until we got there.

In his attic asides from the cobwebs sat an antique couch from the people that use to live there, and a bunch of stuff from them that they left. A newer looking box sat next to the dust covered ones, the newer looking one still had a nice thin layer of dust but the other ones were really old. He pointed towards the couch, signaling for me to sit down so I did exactly that.

Brendon picked up the newer looking box, blew the dust off the top. A coughing fit was heavily involved after that. "Shit that must dust for a year?" I laughed at his accidental humor, as he brought the box over to me. He sat down next to me on the old, floral printed couch.

"Remember that old Polaroid camera that Spencer gave me? The one that he got from the antique shop in San Francisco?" A chuckle escaped his pursed lips. "We thought we would be cool if we went through town and just took a shit ton of pictures of ourselves. And if we saved them, we thought they would be worth something." He shook his head opening the box. Stacks and stacks of Polaroid's filled up a quarter of the box. The actual camera took of the rest.

"You still have these?" I laughed picked up a hand full of pictures to sift through. "These were from years ago."

In my hands I looked at the pictures. One that caught my eye was the one we had Spencer Smith, his great friend take. In the picture sat me and Brendon on top of an abandon bridge we found. We were holding hands as we sat, and in the picture I was looking at him while he looked up at the sky which was sunny that day. I smiled just seeing how happy we were.

I moved onto the next pictures, just failed attempts at a Polaroid selfie. The one after that was one of me and Brendon kissing. I was up on my tippy toes to reach him and his hands were in my hair. I looked over, noticing the smile on Brendon's face. The picture he was looking at was one with all his original band mates. Ryan Ross, Spencer Smith, and Jon Walker. His smile faded. I didn't mention the picture.

"I guess we will just have to start all over with the whole picture things." He said, putting his stack of pictures back into the box. "Rebuild the home we use to have. Start from scratch."

"It's never too late to start over." I picked up the camera from the box. Examining it in my hands. With both hands I held it out in front of me and Brendon. "Say cheese"

Just as I pressed the button the take the picture Brendon turned and kissed me on the cheek. "Your a dork." I laughed as the picture came out. I took it out and shook it, waiting for it to appear.

.......

We sat downstairs on his piano bench. Him playing any song I named that he knew off his mine.

"You know, we haven't seen each other in a year, and it feels like we just picked right off where we were." I told him.

He hummed a song that I didn't recognize.

"Scar? Can I asked you something." He took him hands off of the piano keys. I nodded in response. "Are we together again? Or is this just I don't know."

"If you want to be with me as much as I want to be with you."

"Good, because I know it's been awhile. I know I love you, and I never stopped loving you. So time never changed how I felt about you." He said, kissing me.

"It never changed how I felt either Bren."

"How about this, tomorrow night. I'll drop you home in the afternoon, but I'll pick you up at 7. We will go on a real date, like not Netflix and chill because I would like to do that with you, but." He chuckled. "The kind that we dress up all nice, and I'll pick you up at the door."

"That sounds amazing Brendon."

-----

Honestly I don't think this is the most lovely chapter I have ever wrote but I do think it was extremely cute at some parts. So Brendon and Scarlett are back together just as if they were never a part .......

As we continue on in the next chapters Brendon and Scarlett will get more into there relationship..... Lol

How about that old Panic! picture :) yes I just included Jon and Ryan along with Spencer.....!!

If you liked this chapter make sure you vote and comment! All feedback is greatly appreciated. The more feedback I get is the more chapters you get! Readers keep me writing!!!! :) <3