Chapter 12

**There will be point of view changes during this chapter**

THE FINAL CHAPTER.

----

A man I knew once said, "I promise you life will try to knock you down and sometimes so hard you don't want to get back up. But you get up and don't let anyone control your dreams or happiness." He was a wise man, he had a way with words and taught me many things about life. When I left Brendon, it had seemed as if life knocked me down, I didn't want to get back up. In the end I got back up and realized that only you can determine what your happiness consisted of.

Having Brendon away on tour sucked most of the time, but there was its pros. Going to sleep alone and waking up alone was definitely a con, but knowing I'd wake up to text messages from him made my day.  

When I realized that my happiness consisted of Brendon being there, well, days got brighter. It was as if we were conquering the world together one step at a time.

Laying against the wooden backboard of my bed it seemed like life couldn't get any better. All the good in the world had seemed to of came straight to me. It was nearing 10 pm and the dark sky was all I saw out my window.

Cuddled into the blankets I thought about Brendon and me, and the things we did. The tour was slowly coming to an end and I already had tickets to surprise him at the nearest show. Dallon got me the tickets and we weren't going to tell Brendon at all that I was going.

My phone that was on the dresser across the room began to ring. Letting it ring, not wanting to get up, it rang again. Once again I let it ring. Not that I don't answer my phone all the time, but I knew it could've been nothing important.

Then my house phone began to rang. Over on the end table say one of the phones, I picked it up holding it to my ear, mumbling a hello into it.

"Scarlett, there's been an accident." Said the voice on the other end of the line. The words that made my life go from good to why am I still here. Struggling to get out of the blankets of my bed, my feet brought me to the floor. My mind turned blank, as if I couldn't feel myself anymore. Pain was numb from the heavy amount of shock that had washed over me in that minute.

I was in complete disbelief at this moment. Making my way out to the car I got into it, pulling out of my driveway as fast as I could. I knew time couldn't save anything now.

I arrived at the hospital just in time to watch the doctors wheel a body in a bag out of the room, taking it away.

"I'm sorry Ms." A nurse approached me, placing her hand on my shoulder. I shook my head in disbelief at everything that was happening.

"No, this isn't happening." A single tear rolled down my cheek, onto the tiled floor. Why wasn't I there?

.....

** Brendon's Point of View **

"Thank you everyone!" I thanked the audience as they clapped, doing a small bow before running off the stage, Kenneth and Dallon following behind me. The lights dimmed. With a rag I wiped the droplets of sweat from my face and neck, putting on a fresh black t shirt that they had waiting for me there.