Chapter 9

----

That night at Brendon's we both had been too tired to make it to his bedroom to sleep. Brendon ended up sleeping on the recliner, and I got the couch. It wasn't the most comfortable thing, but knowing that Brendon was less than 5ft away from me gave me the safe feeling that I had missed.

Waking up the next morning was a series of tossing and turning. The yellow sunlight that shown through the open blinds burned through my eye lids, causing them to open. Groaning, I stood up from the couch. A maroon, knitted blanket that Brendon must've put on me when I fell asleep was on my lap now. 

I looked over to Brendon who was still very much asleep in the recliner. A ray of sunlight that had shown in, lay right on him. Highlighting his features. He slept with a small, but heart warming smile. His hair was perfectly pushed back, making him look like an angel in disguise.

I made my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water to help me wake up, trying to be as quiet as possible so I didn't wake sleeping beauty. In the kitchen I grabbed a glass from his cabinets knowing he wouldn't mind, filling the cup with tap water. From the refrigerator I put a few ice cubes in the water.

I stood in front of the silver colored sink that was in front of his back window. Looking out into his small backyard, morning dew covered the light green grass. A few trees here and there. I admired the beauty of the outdoor morning, how the sun reflected off the dew on the grass, making it seem to sparkle.

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist from behind. Brendon stood behind me, resting his head on my shoulder as I looked out the window.

A smile crept onto my face as I turned around to see Brendon, morning scruff, bed head, and all right next to me. "Good morning Bren." I greeted him. "Or should I say sleeping beauty."

He smirked, pulling me in for another hug. My face was pressed up against his warm chest. "Good morning." He replied to my previous statement. "I've got the plan for today? Want some coffee?"

"No I'm good." I said going to sit down at the kitchen island. He made himself a cup of coffee before joining me at the table.

"You know the camera?" He asked and I immediately knew what his idea was.

.....

"Bren!" I squealed as he picked me up, rocking me back and forth as if he was going to throw me into the water under the bridge. I held on tightly to him as he pretended to swing me in. Latching on to him body there was no way I was going into this water. "Stop, please." I pleaded in between laughs of joy and fear.

"But you were in the water for the picture!" He laughed setting me gently down onto a rock. "Spencer can we just take the picture already? That's the last one we need?"

"There was not one picture that I was in the water for Bren." I groaned.

Spencer who joined us on our journey walked over. This morning Brendon had the lovely idea to go back to all the places we went that day years ago and re take the pictures. The last picture was both me and Brendon's favorite, the one where we were on the bridge. I'm surprised that he joined us.

"Yeah, climb up on the bridge I'm waiting on you guys." He rolled his eyes.

Brendon nodded running towards the bridge that now had even more graffiti on it than use to have. "Beat you to the top Scarlett." He taunted me, his inner child coming out.

Sprinting after Brendon who was already starting to climb the bridge as if he was some sort of climbing professional, I jumped onto the bridge and began to climb to the top.

He made it to the top of the bridge before me, doing a small but fairly obnoxious victory dance when he saw he beat me. "Tonight we are victorioooous!" He sang loudly.

"Oh don't threaten me with a good time." I caught up to him and he led me to the spot we sat at. I knew it was the stop because right next to it was a graffitied red heart.

His face lit up. "You listened to my album?" He seemed very surprised at the fact I listened to it. The smile he smiled was the most dorky thing I've ever seen because he was so happy.

"You thought I wouldn't? It's amazing B."

We took the picture and it looked almost exactly the same minus the more graffiti, and an older us.

After climbing off the bridge Spencer showed us the picture. We compared both of them.

Right before we left so I could go get ready for our dinner I pulled Brendon aside while Spencer started walking. "I just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you." I reached up, lightly touching my lips to his before pulling away and beginning to walk again.

Before I had the chance to get 5 feet away from him he grabbed my arm, pulling me back and kissing me. Hard and passionately our mouths moved together, creating the sparks that had been missing for over 365 days.

As if the kiss couldn't get anymore heated for being in the middle of no where Spencer interrupted. "I hate to break up the you guys are about to have sex in the woods thing but the car is that way and you are NOT fucking in my car."

Pulling away from Brendon I looked over at Spencer and began walking. "Sorry Spencer."

.....

I stood staring at myself in my door length mirror. My hair was down and curled, something I rarely did. I spent extra time on my make up, and my dress and heels is what completed my look. My short black dress and red heels is what gave me my confidence.

The doorbell rang and I bolted down the stairs as fast as I could since I had the heels on. My least favorite thing, heels. Yet I looked good in them so hey, beauty hurts sometimes.

Opening the door, I was greeted by Brendon who looked up and saw me, a smile making its way onto his face. He wore a suit and bow tie that fit him perfectly. In his hands was a bouquet of red roses, my favorite.

"Wow." He handed my the roses. "You look amazing." He reached out for my hand as I placed the flowers on a stand in the front room.

"Bren." I giggled as he held my hand, walking me to his car.

"Your chariot awaits my lovely lady." He opened the car door for me as I got in. I thanked him as he got into the drivers seat. "I got you out of work for this."

"Thank you for that."

As we drove he placed his hand on my thigh. Right then he knew, he was definitely getting fucked before he left to go back on tour.

----

I'm really not going to talk about the dinner because like its not really important to their relationship? Sorry about that. This chapter was like really fun to write bc aye Spencer!!!!!

READERS POLL
SHOULD THERE BE A SEX SCENE BETWEEN BRENDON AND SCARLETT? If nobody answers this question there will be no sex but if you guys want it I will write some sex crap lol.

Thank you guys for 500 reads by the way! That's pretty cool!