Chapter 1

"Izzy! Where are the Lucky Charms?!" I call from the kitchen in our apartment.

"Check the fridge, I was kind of drunk when I ate them last!" Isabella calls from her room.

"Idiot." I mutter.

Sure enough they were in the fridge. FYI cereal doesn't taste very good when it's frozen.

Almost done my cereal, my twin sister walked in the kitchen all dressed up. I raised an eyebrow in question.

"I have a date with Liam."

"Awesome." I say sarcastically with an eye roll.

"Tyler isn't the last guy, Marilynn. And I don't see why you're still mourning over the breakup it's been nearly a month."

"I dated him for nearly a year, remember? The last thing I thought he would do, would be to cheat on me."

"He's a douche bag who's going to get nowhere in life. Just try to move on and find someone new. I know there are a lot of fish in the sea."

"Or wolf in a pack." I smirk.

"Stop it with your wolf analogies." Isabella whines and slaps my arm playfully.

"What? I can't help it, they interest me." I chuckle as I put my dishes away.

"Yeah no shit, but you don't see me talking about wolves every chance I get."

"Whatever." I mutter. "How are you and Liam, anyways?"

We may be twins, but we look nothing alike. While my hair is black, Isabella's has dark brown hair. Her eyes green, mine blue. She's about an inch taller than me with her shoulder length hair while mine is long with thick curls. We do have similar features, though. We have the same smile, same mixed skin and same facial structure, but Izzy's cheeks are chubbier.

"It's going well, I think. Today is our three month anniversary and he said he has something important to tell me and I'm worried he's going to break up with me." No matter how hard she tries to cover it up, I can see the sadness in her features.

I walk over to her and bring her in for a tight hug. "Don't let my experiences worry you, if anything he's going to propose. I see the way you look at each other, I know he loves you."

"He's never said it, though. I said it a few times, but I think he passes it off as an accident or like a buddy buddy love thing. And it's been three months of serious dating and he hasn't even tried to have sex with me! I'm not trying to be greedy, but I haven't had sex in nearly half a year, I'm running out of patience." She sighs. "And you know...what if he's not my mate? You know I can't sense my mate, unless my mate marks me. It's so unfair!" She huffed.

I sigh and then start leading her to the front door. "Just enjoy your night and if he does break up with you I have my baseball bat in my closest." I smile.

She laughs and hugs me again before putting her coat on. Just in time, there's a buzzing sound signalling that someone is waiting for us downstairs of the apartment complex. 

"Also, I'll most likely spend the night so don't expect me home until tomorrow."

I nod and gave my sister one more encouraging smile before pushing her out the door and locking it so I can have a nice, relaxing night.

~~~~

One hour in and there's junk food everywhere, and me jumping on the couch to the soundtrack of High School Musical as I sing terribly to the song playing.

High School Musical is my all time favourite movie. I have probably watched it a thousand times and know every single word, but it doesn't get boring to me. Izzy hates it, though. Since we live together, I'm only allowed to watch it when she's not home, which luckily for me is a lot. Her and Liam are always doing something.

The credits start rolling so I sit down and eat some chips, my favourite junk food. I don't know why, they just are.

I'm about to put on High School Musical 2 when my phone starts ringing. I pick it up and say hello.

"Hello, is this Marilynn Remington?"

"Speaking. Is there something I can help you with?"

"I'm Ms. Rosemary's lawyer, Janice. Sadly, this afternoon she passed away. Her final thoughts were about you and your sister, Isabella. She had no extended family so she left everything to you two. Ms. Rosemary saw you two as her own daughters."

"What?" I choke.

Ms. Rosemary was Isabella and I's nanny from practically birth until we left. Our mother was rarely home and our father wasn't much of a role model, so Ms. Rosemary practically raised us.

"I'm sorry for your loss. I will need to speak with you and your sister within the week to legalize everything and plan the funeral. I'm sorry if this seems rushed to you, but it's what's needed to be done."

"Yes of course. Where exactly?" I asked.

Janice gave me a few details before hanging up.