Chapter 3

Before I could react, Isabella came flying around the corner and ran down the staircase looking alarmed. She held her neck with one had and was having trouble catching her breath. Soon enough, a young man, was running behind her with concern laced in his eyes.

Ignoring the young man, I rushed towards Isabella and grabbed her shoulders. She was boiling hot and sweat was starting to bead around her face. Once she saw it was me, she quickly calmed down before tears filled her eyes.

"He marked me, Mary." She mumbled before she hunched forward while grabbing her stomach.

My eyes widened as I realized what was happening.

"Fuck. This cannot be happening right now." I muttered.

"What the hell is going on?" The Alpha questioned.

"She said it was ok, I didn't mean to hurt her!" Liam panicked.

"Just shut up." I snapped as I dragged my sister outside in the front yard where I found a small clearing. I helped her lay down as her bones started breaking and rearranging. Many of the teens and the two leaders followed us outside so I put a force field around my twin and I to keep the unwanted audience from approaching.

"Ok Izzy, this is going to hurt. I can't protect you from this, but I'm going to bring us to the Goddess, ok? Everything will be alright." I encouraged her before I began muttering the spell I have mastered from a young age.

Isabella's screams filled the air, my chanting sounding like a whisper under all the noice. The wind picked up around us and I could feel blood trickling from my nose. Just as Isabella shifted into her wolf, we were swept away to a fully white room.

"My child, you have shifted!" The Goddess eagerly spoke to Izzy.

Isabella's silver wolf did a little happy dance and yelped at the Goddess.

I laughed at their interaction. The Goddess always had a soft spot for Izzy during the times we have visited her over the years. The Goddess turned her attention towards me and gave me a warm smile.

"Marilyn. Thank you for protecting your sister all these years. You may not be one of my children, but you will always hold a place in my heart. Isabella's mate, Beta Liam, will now help guide her through the rest of her journey to becoming the next Moon Goddess. You, my dear, are free of the responsibility." She spoke gracefully.

"It was my pleasure, I will always protect my sister." I smiled up at the Goddess's floating form. Her beautiful brown eyes glowing down at me. Her eyes saddened before she glanced at both us.

"Girls," The Goddess sighed, "Your near futures have many struggles, that I will not be able to guide you through. You will have to rely on your faith and your mates. Stay true to yourselves. This will be the last time we speak for a long time, so take care of yourselves and your loved ones." She smiled at us once more before we were whisked away by the wind again.

I looked around and noticed no time had passed since we visited the Goddess as Isabella was still laying in her wolf form and the group was still gathered around my force field looking confused and alarmed.

I looked up at my sister's large wolf form and smiled at her. She licked the blood off my chin from my nose and whimpered. I shook my head, telling her not to worry before darkness consumed me.