9|dirt on mom|

chapter IX

"Pull in right here." I said.

He pulled into my driveway and we got out of the car. There were two cars there.

"My moms home." I said blankly recognizing her car.

"You sound happy." He said laughing.

"Wait who's car is this. It's not mine, it's not my moms, and it's not my dads." I said referring to the dark blue car beside my Mom's. Derek said nothing.

I unlocked the door and walked in on my mom making out with a man who was completely unfamiliar. My mom pulled away and everyone in the room froze. She made eye contact with me and I started hysterically laughing.

"This is great. You're cheating on Dad AND he's coming home tonight. You have fun explaining this to him." I scolded as she looked down.

She made eye contact with me. "Your fucked up." I said grabbing Derek's hand and pulling him up that stairs.

We got into my room as I dropped his hand and put my bag on the floor.

"You good?" He asked sitting on my bed as he sat next to me.

"I'm fine." I said shaking my head.

"Are you-" He was cut off by my Mom opening the door.

"Halle can I talk to you alone-"

"No." I said cutting her off.

"Now!" She warned.

"Is your little friend gone." I asked.

She nodded. I stood up. "I'll be right back." I said.

I walked out closing the door behind us.

"Look if you mention this to your father I will never forgive you." She said.

"Your point?" I asked.

"Tell him and I'll make your life a living hell." She warned.

"It already is." I retorted bluntly.

"I'll do anything." She begged.

"I won't tell him, I'll keep you dirty little secret." I said rolling my eyes and opening my door.

I walked into my room seeing Olivia and Derek talking.

"Surprise I came through the window." She said.

"Course." I said shaking my head.

"Derek told me what you guys saw when you came in." She said laying on my bed.

"Yea." I said trailing off.

"So are you gonna tell your Dad." She asked.

"I don't know. I don't like my Dad either." I said laughing.

"True and same." She said. "My mom probably hates me, cause I snuck out, she'll figure it out sooner or later. Either way I don't care anymore." She stated as I laughed.

"Is this what girls do?" Derek asked laughing.

"Yea." Olivia said.

"-ish. If you weren't here we'd probably be talking to you." I said laughing.

"Yesss." Olivia said laughing.

Derek shook his head. "Well there is no way I'm being the only guy." He said pulling out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Texting Skate and John." He said.