37|serious now|

chapter XXXVII

The rest of the day went as normal as possible, everyone including teachers gave us frightened looks. Lunch hit and we all walked there together. We sat down at an empty table, Derek was in front of me, the John and Olivia were next to me, next to John was Regan, and next to Olivia was Skate.

Derek and I weren't talking, so neither did anyone else.

"This is like hella awkward, so can y'all talk?" Regan asked.

No one said anything. I rolled my eyes and stood up, entering the hallway.

I was slammed in a locker, then I fell to the floor. Who stood over me was an enraged Vanessa with tears streaming down her face.

"You killed her." She yelled.

"What?" I asked.

She kicked me. "YOU GOT HER KILLED." She yelled again.

"I didn't do anything." I said as she hit me again.

I was starting to get pissed. "MELISSA IS DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU." She yelled kicking me hard this time in the stomach, people started coming around.

"HEY." Skate yelled pushing through the crowd, as the rest of them followed.

"What the fuck is wrong with you." Sam asked holding Vanessa's hands behind her back.

"GET OFF." She yelled pushing Sam off, and raising her arm back, slapping me.

"You killed her." She said to me again. I looked at her.

"I fucking told you I didn't do anything." I said standing up and pushing her, I knew I had a strong push, that's exactly why I did it. She flew back and hit the locker. I was prepared to beat the fuck out of her, as I walked up to her.

"Nope!" Skate said blocking me off. I tried to get around him but he kept blocking me off.

"Not today." Derek said pointing away from the crowd.

Olivia pulled my arm, to get me away, as Regan stood there worried in the crowd of people. I snatched my arm back from Olivia as she put her arms up, before I walked away. Of course Derek followed.

I left the crowd, not making eye contact with anyone. Derek caged me to a wall.

"You good?" He asked gripping my chin, and looking at me face.

"Yea, I mean she kicked me, and I was already smacked once now a second time, but nah I'm good." I said pissed off.

He showed his head, "Wait! Once?" He asked.

"I really need to learn how to shut the fuck up." I said shaking my head at my own stupidity.

"Halle! I'm dead serious right now?" He snapped.

"My mom caught me when I came home last night and she hit me."

"Why don't you tell me shit." He said backing away from me, sounding mad.

"Don't pull that on me, you don't tell me shit either." I retorted.

"Then how is this gonna work if we can even trust each other." He said moving his hands as he talked.

"I. Don't. Know." I said.

"Whatever." He mumbled walking away.

"You guys need to fix this shit cause it isn't cool." John said shaking his head and walking away. Skate just followed not making eye contact.

Convicts. || Derek LuhOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara