28|kevin|

chapter XXVIII

I woke up as the sun from the open blinds gleamed in my face. I groaned, unfurling myself from the scrunched up position I slept in, taking my head off the arm of the couch, and sitting up.

I looked around and the everyone else was asleep, Derek was asleep next to me, Olivia resting her head on John's shoulder, next to him Regan was on the opposite couch by herself.

"Here." Skate said handing me a glass of water and a bottle of ibuprofen.

"Thanks." I nodded at him as he sat down on the foot rest in front of me.

I opened the bottle as it made that irritating cranking noise and set the lid on the table next to the couch. I put two pills in the back of my throat, taking them down with the water.

"You want the rest of this." I asked taking one last sip from the glass, and looking a Skate.

He took the glass and finished it before going back into the kitchen, and putting the cup in the sink.

"Should we wake them up." He asked running his hands through his hair.

"Let em' sleep." I said wrapping the strings of Derek's hoodie around my hand.

"He really likes you." Skate said looking at me.

"Yea." I breathed out smiling to myself.

"Damn I feel so bad." Skate groaned covering his face.

"For?"

"Olivia."

"I feel bad for her but I also fee bad for-

"Regan." We said at the same time.

"Geez she's been through a lot of shit." He said.

"Plus Taylor's a prick." I said.

"True." He stated.

We heard the steps creek as someone made their way down the stairs.

"GOOOOOD MORN-"

"Shhhh." I said cutting KDL off as Skate looked at him like he was stupid.

"My bad." He said as the three of us started laughing softly.

"I'm boutta light one." Kevin said walking into the kitchen, as Skate immediately followed. I stood up and followed them.

"You smoke babygirl?" KDL asked surprised.

"Yes, don't call me that." I said laughing as Skate joined in.

"Ladies first. You light it." KDL said handing me the blunt and he lighter.

I held the blunt between my lips, before striking the lighter. I lit the blunt and inhales as the smoke entered my bottom.
I held it for a second before exhaling the cloud of some. I passed it back to KDL and he took a hit passing it to Skate. Once it got back to me and I took my second hit, I began to feel relaxed and that's what I wanted.

This continued for a good 7 minutes before I heard a groan coming from the living room, again I exhales the cloud of smoke before passing it to Skate and grabbing a glass from the cabinet. I filled the cup with water and walked out into the living room. Derek was sitting up rubbing his face.

I sat next to him and turned picking up the bottle of ibuprofen, handing it to him.

"Everything hurts." He said opening the bottle and taking two pills out of the container.