35|lonely road|

chapter XXXV

recap <<

I shut the door, and turned around to see my mom on the couch, staring at the blank TV.

"I haven't left this spot since I saw that video on the news. They never said it was you, but I know my daughter."

"What are you talking about?" I laughed.
~

"What do you mean?! What am I talking about?" She mocked. "Don't play dumb."

"I mean...What the fuck are you talking about." I repeated taking off my jacket slowly.

"Halle don't play with me. You're father isn't here this time." She said walking over.

"If you touch me, I'll flip shit. Back up." I said.

"Pardon?"

"Back the fuck up. Also, I don't know what you're talking about, I left last night and hung out with Olivia, and some others...Why would I be at a party in the first place, I hate half the kids in my school." I said rolling my eyes.

"How did you know it happened at a party?" She interrogated.

"Cause this story has been passed around in my school faster than STD's." I said walking away from her.

"Don't walk away from me." She said grabbing my arm.

"Don't touch me. Damn...hop off!" I said snatching my arm back.

"Hop off what?" She asked generally confused.

"My dick." I said walking away.

"Inappropriate! How would Caleb feel?" She asked. I stopped in my tracks.

"Keep his name out of your mouth." I said turning and looking at her.

"He woke up today." She said.

"You didn't tell me!" I yelled.

"You didn't ask." She responded.

I turned and grabbed the door knob.

"Don't get your hopes up I was only kidding." She smiled.

I paused.

Before I knew it she was on the ground, staring back in to my eyes with fear. I gave her the look of death as I clenched my fist.

"You wouldn't hurt your own mother." She said beginning to cry under me. I stared done at her in disgust.

"Don't get your hopes up, I was only kidding." I smiled mocking her words, as I unclenched my fist. She wiped her tears and stood up, looking into my eyes.

"Oh, and your right. I wouldn't hit my own mother, just like if I were to have a daughter. I wouldn't hit her either." I said.

That's when I felt a stinking sensation take over the side of my face, turning my head.

"Disrespect me again. I dare you." She spat.