I am so done

Emma

( 3 hours earlier)

I have been in the car with Jake for about an hour now and I am having so much more fun than I have in a long time. All we are doing is the occasional talking with some singing in between. But you would be surprised how far that alone goes. 

"Can I ask you something?" Jake asks.

"Ya absolutely." I say.

"Earlier you said that you weren't planning on going home anytime soon. What did you mean by that?" he asks.

"Well you know my brothers and you know how protective they can be, One of my Brothers pushed too far this morning so I did what I seam to do best and I packed a bag and ran. I needed space to clear my head and that never seems possible with them constantly breathing down my neck making sure I make the correct decision. I want to be given the opportunity to, not just forced to."

"Aren't They  going to be mad at you though? I mean I've seen Alex mad and worried about you and it was not pretty." he asks.

"Yeah probably but I honestly don't care anymore if they get mad. I am growing up and they need to learn that I am not a little girl anymore and that I can take care of myself."

"I mean that makes sense, I can personally see it from both angles but if you need space, you need space and no one should get in the way of that." 

"See you get it!" I reply. 

"I guess, so where are you going to stay?" he says.

"I haven't thought that far." I mumble more to myself than him.

"Well I am taking you to a cabin just outside of town so it should give you plenty of space to clear your head. You can stay there for as long as you want and I can bring you all your missing assignments if you want." 

"Yeah that would be awesome actually."

"Okay that will work, also I have a feeling you are going to need a lot more cloths than just what you have in that small bag of yours, so why don't I take you to a local mall out there to pick up some things." He suggests. 

"Okay, I have money so that will work perfect actually." "Can I ask you a question?" I ask after a few minutes of silence.

"Shoot."

"Why are you being so nice to me. Aren't my brothers going to kill you once they find out that you helped me? Alex is pretty understanding but he can also have lots of anger, that's something we have in common." I question. 

"He might get mad but I can handle him, we have been friends for a vey long time and he trusts me." 

"I get that, Honestly He is the best out of all of them, he knows me so well that he can tell just from looking at me what I am thinking and how he needs to help, I hate ignoring him but I also know he has to keep my other brothers in the loop."

"That makes a lot of sense, He really respects your brothers and he cant break their trust, he's told me that." 

"My brothers are really big on respect and trust." 

"Yeah trust me I know, I'm over at your house more than I am my own. I have gained that trust and respect." He counters. 

"So what is the catch here? I mean you are letting me stay at your cabin , and your going to take me shopping. there has to be something you want." I reply changing the subject. 

"Just one." He says.

"What would that be?" I ask.

"I know we don't know each other very well but I know your brothers and I use this cabin a lot, so I don't want you be angry all the time, I want to see the lighter side to you. I know you have one." He replies. 

"All right I can do that but only on one condition. "I say feeling a little nervous about this.

"What would that be?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"You are the bad boy of the school, and I don't know what you use this cabin for, but you cannot have a girl here as long as I stay. Just in case."

He is quiet for a little bit as if trying to figure out how to say his next thing. 

"Technically yes the bad boy is my image and I stick by that but it doesn't necessarily make me happy. I mean making out with a new girl every day is not something that is very rewarding, nor something that I am proud. Honestly I just want to settle down but none of the girls at school are the kind of material I was looking for." He says.

"Was?" I question. 

"Yeah I didn't even think twice about any girl I've met and I know how your brothers are with you but When I saw you yelling at Alex yesterday and standing up for yourself I saw something I haven't seen in another girl and I wanted to get to know you more. It's like I couldn't resist." He says a smile on his face.

I feel my face start to heat up and I let out a giggle.

"Well in that case, I will be very happy to stay here for a while. "I say.

"Great." Jake says.

Literally 10 seconds after Jake and I agree on our terms my phone starts going off. I know it is my brothers and I have already ignored all of the other calls from them so I decide to just answer it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Emma?" Lucas asks."

"Yes it's me you bimbo." I say.

"Oh thank goodness. Are you okay? Were you kidnapped? Are you hurt? Have you eaten recently? Have you had enough fluids today?" Lucas throws questions at me.

"Okay first calm down. Two yes, no, no, yes, and yes." I say.

He lets out a loud sigh. "Now that I know you are okay where the hell are you?!" He yells into the phone.

"I'm out." I say in a duh tone.

"No kidding I didn't notice." He says his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Oh well I'm glad you aren't stupid." I comment.

"Where are you Emma?" he asks again leaving no room for argument. Lucky for him though I can play this game all day long.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out." I say.

"Oh, my gosh, for the love of pancakes would you just tell me where you are?" he pleads.

"Hell no, I am sick and tired of you guys treating me like a little girl who is completely helpless and I am not coming home until you promises you wont treat me like I am five years old." I say.

"Okay 1) watch your language or so help me I-"

"You'll what?" I ask.

"I will ground you." He finishes.

"Like I care I am already going to be in enough crap as is."

"Yeah so come home." He tried reasoning.

"I said no. Maybe you can tell all the others that I won't come home until you can treat me with respect and the next person who calls or texts me that I don't want to here from I will permanently block their number. oh and how ever many times you guys have previously called me that is how many days I am staying away and even then I might not come back. Anyways if you don't mind I have to go I was in the middle of a conversation with a friend when you so rudely interrupted." I say, hanging  up not letting him get o word in.

"Damn you are really mad at them aren't you." Jake asks.

"How bad was that?" I ask.

"Enough to be grounded for life knowing your brothers." he says.

"I am so screwed." I say.

"Hey its fine just relax and take a nap we still have about an hour and a half till we get there." He says.

"Okay." I say.

I close my eyes and instantly fall asleep letting the darkness take over my body.