Chapter 3

Beep. Beep. Beep. - Beep. Beep. Beep.

I roll out of bed and slip on my bunny slippers. I check myself in the mirror, just to see huge bags under my eyes. So much for a good nights sleep. I brush my hair out and fishtail braid it to one side. I grab my concealer and try to cover up my baggy eyes. I do the rest of my makeup and put on my outfit. I decide to put on a navy blue, floral print skirt with a plum quarter sleeve top. I grab my things and leave.

Since my mom is never home, I hardly ever see her. In a way, it's a good thing. Most of the time she just bugs me. I love her, but she doesn't understand what I'm going through. She wants me to open up to someone, but that's hard to do when you can't even open up to yourself. I don't know if I'll ever be able to open up to anyone.

"Elle, you have to come it won't be the same without you." Layla begs.

"Yeah, it won't be the same. You're our new toy. We have to show you off." Seth grins widely.

"Come on, Pea. For me?" Ryan asks, with a sexy pout, which is completely irresistible.

We're all at lunch and they all want me to come to the hockey game. All four of the guys play and they have a big game on Thursday. Little do they know I won't be out of my therapy session until 4p.m., and the game starts at 4:15. It takes almost an hour to get back to home and then all the way to the rink would take even longer. Maybe I could skip a session?

"I'll try to cancel my plans, but I can't promise anything. Wait, Pea? Why'd you call me that?" I ask Ryan.

"It's cute. You remind me of a pea because you're so small and cute." He laughs and pinches my cheek. I laugh and we eat our lunch.

The rest of my day is fairly easy. After my algebra class, Mrs. Richardson asks to speak to me.

"Yes, ma'am?" I ask, trying to be polite.

"Ms. Crawford, you need a tutor. And, I found the perfect one. He's smart, but doesn't quite no how to get along with people. I figure he will teach you Algebra and you'll teach him to get rid of his attitude."

"Okay," I huff. "Who is it?"

"Jace Wilder."

Shit.