Prologue

10/02/16

        "Ok class there's about three minutes left of class, so please note down your homework workbook pages sixty seven through sixty nine."

I announced that to my class as I made my way over to the chalk board to erase the things I wrote on it.

I am a student teacher at Rosedale Elementary.
The teacher was not here today so I taught the class myself.
I am working to get my medical degree but just because I have free time I help out sometimes at this school.

As class finished up my phone started ringing and I saw the caller ID.

It was my cousin Musa, so I picked up.
"Assalaam U' aliakum Akhi."
"Walakumsalaam habibi"

I laughed. It was our thing. We were not Arab but one time he came home saying he learnt a new word from his Arab friend, the word was habibi.
After that he tried it out in a lot of sentences for a few days. Then one day he called me and said the same exact thing he just said and I already knew the word akhi so it just clicked. We had been saying that as a greeting to each other since I was like seventeen, and now look at me I'm twenty two!

"So why have you called at school hours?" I asked.

"Well I just wanted to let you know that I won't be able to pick you up so I'm sending Osman since we are going to his house for dinner. You'll just go like two hours earlier. Maybe you can help out aunty cook in the meantime."

I wasn't surprised. Osman was Musa's best friend and he was like "a brother from another mother" as Musa says. At times I could be a bit strict on the "mehram"  ideology.
But Osman was like a brother to me so yea it was not a big deal at all.

"Yea sure. Just tell him to pick me up at  one thirty 'cuz elementary schools are getting out for the teacher meeting thingy that I'm not going to since I'm not an actual teacher."
"Will do! Anyways see you at the dinner. Khudahafiz"
"Khudahfiz"
And with that we hung up and I continued on with my day.

Three hours later
"Hey! Over here!" I yelled at Osman from afar. I just didn't feel like walking all the way to the parking lot.
I was wearing three inch heals and they were not comfortable as they looked.

Osman came up with his car and I got in.
"Assalaam U' aliakum Osman. Thank you so much for picking me up. I really didn't want to take the bus like last time."

I looked up to see a smirking Osman.
"No problem." Wierdo
"So is Aunty home?" I asked trying to make a conversation going on since I just couldn't sit still in silence without talking.

"Actually no, she isn't. But don't worry I'll make sure we don't get bored."
Ha! As if I could ever be bored.
"What do you have in mind?"
I smiled at him just to be polite.
"You'll see." he replied.

At Home
How was I going to survive like four hours in this house. Aunty wasn't going to come till six and it was only two fifteen.

"Hey Inara! Could you come up here for a minute?"

That was Osman. He probably like my brother needed me to give him the remote or something.
Lazy butts. I swear to god they cant do anything themselves.
I went upstairs and entered Osman's room just as I was about to look for him since I didn't see him he came out of the blue.

Standing in front of me face to face, without a shirt on. What the hell?

He looked at me hesitantly and said,

"Inara I know what I'm about to do is completely wrong, but I've been trying to control myself since forever." he breathed out now even closer to me. I tried moving back but he came even closer. Why is he literally two centimeters away from my face?

"So I was thinking,"

Smiling creepily he put his hands on my waist which stunned me.

What is happening?!

"What the hell are you doing Osman?!"
I finally spoke.
He smirked and out of no where smashed his lips on mine.
I tried pushing him away.
"Osman sto-"
"SHUTUP I will get what I want!"
And he ripped open my scarf.

"Osman what is wrong with you? Your my cousins best friend! We are Muslim for Allah's sake!"

He looked me in the eye.
"I don't care! I dont know what it is but you drive me crazy! Now get ready for the time of your life!"
All I did was cry I tried freeing myself but that only made him hurt me more.
Afterwards
My body ached. He just did the dirty deed with me. I wasn't pure anymore. He left me lying on the floor telling me to hurry up and fix myself up before everyone got here. He was like my brother, I don't know what got into him. I just realized ......
I was raped.
And I couldn't tell anyone.
No one would believe me.
I got to try though.
GOD!What has he done?!