7~Oh Yousef

Inara Ibrihaaj's POV.

The next day I woke up, I felt some thing wet drip on my face while someone wiped the drops away.

Opening my eyes, there sat Musa with his face on his hands trying to wipe away his tears. I sat up and he looked up suddenly aware that I was awake.

"Why-"

"I messed up so bad!" he cried out.

He started crying and muffled his wails with his hands. I hugged him and sat their silently as he cried on my shoulder. I had never seen my cousin cry over anything. It was like this affected him more then it affected me.

"Musa it's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself, this is what Allah planned for me and it happened. Nothing even you could stop."

He shook his head and got out of my embrace. His eyes beat red staring straight at me.

"Inara tell me who the f*** did this to you. It could not have been some f***** off the streets, because its either me or Osman always picking you up. I mean if I have to report this to the college so be it! I won't hesitate to kill the b****!" Musa huffed out with a hoarse voice.

You know people are really oblivious. No matter how obvious the solution may be they either choose to ignore it or are too stupid to match the puzzle pieces. In this case it's the last one. Musa was to stupid to put the pieces back together and figure out the person he supposedly wanted to kill was his own best friend.

There was a little moment I had in my head where I wanted to let go of everything and tell him the reality he was living in. Then an image of Osman's mother would come into place and stop me. She was already heart broken. She had lost a lot, and no matter what her son did to me I could not take away her love for her child because that would be another thing added to the things she lost.

So I chose to keep my mouth shut.

"Musa, I really don't know ok? Right now I just need you to be here for me."

He sighed and nodded.

"This isn't over you know, anyways dinner is ready. Want to come downstairs and be questioned or eat here?"

I looked at the clock which had read 7:00 pm, wow did I sleep,

"I will come down just give me a minute to freshen up." I said as I got up to go to the washroom.

At the dinner table

We all sat in silence, uncle picking at his plate, aunty eating rather slowly, Hannah just staring at her food.

I looked towards Musa and he sat there staring at me, like he was waiting for me to say something.

I cleared my throat, here goes nothing.

"I-I'm sorry. I am truly v-v-very sorry." I paused and looked towards uncle who was staring at me with curiosity and sadness.

"Uncle, you took me in when your brother passed away and comforted me and told me it would be alright, that you would look after me even if I turned out to be a disappointment. I promised you I wouldn't turn out as a bad child, that I would treat you like my own father."

My eyes started to tear up, but I spoke with all the energy I had left in me.

"I'm sorry, I turned out to be a burden and a shameful child. I promise though, this wasn't my fault. I-I-I" I couldn't finish what I was saying because aunty broke into hysterics. I too started crying and shaking violently. Hannah got up and started rubbing my back while kneeling down.