12~ No you can go now Khuda Hafiz

I suck I know❤️
The next day
Yousaf's POV
Ok so maybe I've been a douche about it but it's true!
Sara is a person very dear to me, and if it weren't for Inara I probably would have been married to her. 
I admit I loved Inara when we were younger. I remember getting jealous whenever she would talk to her cousin or even the boys that went to school with us. 
I remember the things some of the guys would say while I was with them at school, things like "she's hot" or "I want someone like her, religious, funny, and sexy."

It would always piss me off, and had she stayed or at least stayed in contact with me I probably would have fallen harder for her. 

Inara is someone I care for deeply even if I don't admit it to her, but I refuse to let old feelings come back no matter how much I want her as mine. Sara is a complicated person but she helped me in a lot of ways that no other person did. She is not the best, but I know that she loves me and I try to replicate those feelings the best I can.

Not only did I agree to this marriage because of Inara but I promised her dead parents I would marry her. I promised her father I would take care of his little girl for him. 
After Inara basically shut the door on me, I left. Time to pay Omar a friendly visit.

Inara's POV
I woke up around ten and I could see the sun shining through the curtains. That was what made me get up and enjoy the beauty of Allah's creation, Subhan Allah. 

I went inside to refresh myself and then returned to the little deck I had by my window, this time with my phone.
Opening up my text messages, I saw that I had received a lot of congratulation texts from my friends and family. But one text caught my eye. It read a number with no caller ID, meaning I have never contacted this person.

I hesitantly opened the text box and there was a single text that instantly filled my head with fright.

We will meet soon, just you wait.

I sighed and turned off my phone. Chin resting atop my hands and shoulders stiff, I stared out into the horizon.
I sometimes wish I could fly and just get out of this world, even just for a second.

It was Osman and I knew it. Why does he think he can threaten me like that while I have dirt on him?
I can tell the whole world that he is the reason for this, and yet I won't because I care. I care about his family and I'm doing this for them. It isn't him who gets the pity look from the family.
It isn't his aunt and uncle that cry every time they see him. Neither aunty nor uncle can control it. They start to tear apart whenever they see me and it breaks my heart because they dreamed of me getting married.

We always used to joke around about it but now that the day has finally come, they can't be happy for their niece all because of Osman.
Life has always thrown bullets at me and I have never been quick enough to dodge them. Am I a bad person?
I don't know why Allah tests me this hard but sometimes life is so full of bull crap that I can never comprehend whether something is actually happening to me. Like right now--I still feel like this is just a bad dream that I have yet to wake up from.
"Inara! Can you come down? Someone is here to see you!" I hear from downstairs.
Who would be here to see me? It can't be Huma because she would have just come up here. It probably isn't Yousaf either. Ugh.
I threw on a scarf and went downstairs to see who wanted to see me this morning. As I came downstairs I saw Yousaf in all his glory sitting in the living room with my brother. 
"As-salaam-alaikum, Inara." 
"Wa alaykumu as-salam, what are you doing here?"
He frowned slightly. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out for breakfast."
I rolled my eyes at his confidence, I mean come on! He fought with me yesterday and now he thinks he can roll back in like nothing happened? 
"No you can go now Khuda Hafiz."
And I turned around ready to walk away but my stupid cousin just had to butt in.
"Inara! Stop being rude. It's just breakfast--what has gotten into you?"
Without turning around I replied "Then why don't you accompany him to breakfast?"
After that I left the room and went to the kitchen to feed myself and the baby growing in my tummy. As I started making the pancake batter Yousaf came in and sat at the end of the kitchen counter. Why was he here; did he not get the message?
"Can you make me some too?"
I looked at his questioning face with a dull look.
"Do I look like your maid? You came into this house knowing what you did yesterday, yet you act like nothing happened."
He stared at me before taking a breath and replying with "I'm sorry okay? Can we talk after breakfast because I was expecting you to come with me so I didn't eat breakfast myself. Plus, I'm starving."
I looked hard at him, then sighed. "Fine." 
I set the counter and sat down five minutes later once everything was finished. Why couldn't anyone else be home right now? This was going to be so awkward. Even Musa had left and the only person left was Hannah who was probably upstairs watching her shows like on every weekend.
We sat in silence eating away. I ate like a cow and I didn't give two sh*** about what he thought. I looked up for just a moment and he was digging in just as I was. 
He cleared his throat for a second. "This is delicious Inara."
"Um, ah, thanks?"
He chuckled and we ate the rest in peace. 
When he was done I took the dishes and washed them as he watched me work. When I was done tidying up Yousaf asked me out of nowhere if we could go outside again to talk like yesterday. I agreed; this better be worth it.
Once we were outside it was pure silence. He is so stupid. If you're going to take me outside telling me, to talk, why don't you say something now? Guys I swear.
After about five minutes I broke the silence.
"Are you going to say something or should I keep hoping you will realize it yourself?"
He took a sideway glance at me before stopping at a bench along the path and patting the seat next to him. I sat down beside him and stared at the fountain in front of us. 
"I'm sorry; I know what I said might have been blunt and I realized that after I said all of it but can you please at least try to see something from my point of view?"
He's so confusing.
"Why did you agree to all of this? You said you're doing me a favor but what I don't get is why do you even care?"
He took his eyes from the fountain and stared at me. 
"You wouldn't understand Inara; just leave it alone"
"I can't leave it alone! You are the most confusing being on this planet. What is it that you want from me?! I need answers. If Sarah is in the picture why are you doing me a favor? Huh? Answer me!"
"Your parents Inara! Your dead parents are the reason. You might think that I didn't give a crap but I did! I made them a promise and I plan on keeping it."
Wait.
What? He just confused me even more!
"What?" 
He sighed,
"I'm doing this for your parents. Your dad, he made me promise him I would take care of you and as you can see I haven't been doing a good job with that over the past few years."
Well that's just great.
"How is getting a divorce going to fulfill my dead father's wish, huh? You're pathetic Yousaf. I'm done with you and your silly promises. Goodbye."
"Inara can you please try to understand? This is hard on me too; stop acting like you're the only one affected by this."
I sighed.
"I'm not allowing Sarah to live in the same house as me. That's pathetic and you'd better sort that out because you're stressing me out and stress isn't good for my baby."
He stared at me for a second,
"Fine. She won't live with us, but she will be welcomed as a guest every now and then. As a matter of fact you don't even have to see her, happy?"
I guess that settled it.
This chapter is dedicated to my friend Rinzerella . She edited this chapter and will probably be doing so with the next few because I'm a horrible writer. Y'all should check out her work too cuz I'm lovin it so maybe you will to? (Hopefully) thanks for the wait and thank you for all your messages and comments. 😭❤️